Text RPG Creator's Personal Rival - Page 3 of 4

Having a personal rival provides role-playing - Page 3 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 19th Apr, 2017 - 4:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 4 
Closed
Top  Text RPG Creator' s Personal Rival
12th Jan, 2017 - 5:35pm / Post ID: #

Text RPG Creator's Personal Rival - Page 3

international QUOTE (Thomaslee)
So has the rival not yet been implemented, or simply not enough interest?

It has not been implemented yet. ROK II sucks most of my time and the Text Role-playing Game Creator is already functioning well, however I did state in the general Thread for the Text Role-playing Game Creator that this will be one of the features added this year: 2017.

Sponsored Links:
29th Mar, 2017 - 10:56pm / Post ID: #

Rival Personal Creators RPG Text

I will be working on adding in Personal Rivals to the Text Role-playing Game Creator's Character Sheet. Now is the time to make any suggestions of what you will like to see in it. At present I plan to:

1. Choose a name for the rival
2. Fill in the history of the rival and how you became enemies
3. The enemy may have a special secret power randomly selected that only the Dungeon Master / GM knows
4. Select an avatar for your rival to make the NPC more unique.
5. Random benefit from destroying or making peace with rival.

9th Apr, 2017 - 11:03pm / Post ID: #

Text RPG Creator's Personal Rival Reviews RPG & Card Board

Personal Rival Complete!

On your Text Role-playing Game Creator Character Sheet you will see some changes one of which is most apparent: Personal Rival. There is an option for a Rival Avatar and a box for the full history and description of that Rival. Personal Rivals give a new dimension to Character creation because it adds personality to your Character (A reason for certain things) as well as gives your GM, Dungeon Master or Referee a choice to add an additional Quest / Scenario surrounding your Rival.

Game Masters will see 2 new options in the GM Edit section of a Player's Character Sheet: Rival Notes and Delete Rival.

19th Apr, 2017 - 1:53pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Rival Personal Creators RPG Text

I've added a rival. I'm going to wait and see how it adds to the role-play but what might be nice is a specific 'reward' for adding this into your character's makeup because when you think of it most players will probably not want to have a rival because it will make it more difficult for them.

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 2:54pm / Post ID: #

Text RPG Creator's Personal Rival
A Friend

Rival Personal Creators RPG Text

Hmm, don't know if I'd slap on a specific reward, not as a hard coded thing

Instead, perhaps simply encourage the Dungeon Masters to include some manner of appropriate benefit to having this rival?

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 3:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

While rewards are nice having a personal rival is interesting. You may not get the rewards you seek always but you may get rewarded when you foil an attempt that your rival throws you way.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Text RPG Creator's Personal Rival - Page 3

That certainly works. Rather than something concrete, assure the player that this rival will end up providing opportunities, if one has the gumption to take them.

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 4:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Text RPG Creator's Personal Rival Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 3

Having a personal rival provides role-playing opportunities for you and hooks for your Dungeon Master to use.

Rather off topic, but...
World of Darkness has a set of merits and flaws when building a character. They have an enemy flaw that when taken gives you more points when making the character. The enemy flaw though is for a powerful enemy who can really jeopardize your unlife. Personal rivals are different. They might not like you but they are rivals, not enemies. They aren't powerful and trying to kill you.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Text RPG Creator's Personal Rival

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,