Text RPG Creator's Personal Rival - Page 2 of 4

So has the rival not yet been implemented, - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 6th Jan, 2017 - 12:36am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 
Closed
Top  Text RPG Creator' s Personal Rival
15th Jan, 2016 - 12:38am / Post ID: #

Text RPG Creator's Personal Rival - Page 2

Actually, I'd argue people usually choose their enemies, especially rivals. Perhaps not intentionally, but as a consequence of our actions.

Defining such things is a really common trait in lots of different Roleplaying systems. Everything from old school GURPS and Hero to newer games like FATE and Apocalypse World allow players to define enemies.

Reconcile Edited: Corinthi on 15th Jan, 2016 - 12:38am

Sponsored Links:
15th Jan, 2016 - 12:41am / Post ID: #

Rival Personal Creators RPG Text

Then you're talking about a rival built up from a story and not random. If its going to be based on actions then the Dungeon Master will have to work that into a current character background otherwise a player could insist their character wouldn't have done any action to cause that.

17th Jan, 2016 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

Text RPG Creator's Personal Rival Reviews RPG & Card Board

I like this idea and support the random rival. However the description has to be general enough to fit any game and avoid the player picking out which NPC is his rival when they meet.

Post Date: 20th Jan, 2016 - 2:44am / Post ID: #

Text RPG Creator's Personal Rival
A Friend

Page 2 Rival Personal Creators RPG Text

I find the idea interesting. In GURPS 3e it was simulated via a disadvantage that netted the player character points that could be spent to purchase advantages, increase their attributes, add/improve skills; spells; psionics, and the like. A GM could decide not to use it in their game, correct?

21st Jan, 2016 - 9:49pm / Post ID: #

Rival Personal Creators RPG Text

I would like to see this just out of curiosity. I would like this to see who is my arch nemesis. It would cause me to think up a good reason for my own character's background.

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2016 - 1:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I do use this in some of my games. From when a character first starts playing there is a chance they will meet and offend someone in the world. That person they offended can and will use their resources to try to attack or harm the player character in a round about way so that they have to do a lot of digging to find out who they are really up against. Can make some nice in game scenarios as they go from one place to another trying to find who their rival is.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Jan, 2016 - 5:22am / Post ID: #

Text RPG Creator's Personal Rival - Page 2

The biggest appeal for me is also the fact that its random. If I thought up my own enemy it wouldn't be as fun as wondering who you will get as a rival.

6th Jan, 2017 - 12:36am / Post ID: #

Text RPG Creator's Personal Rival Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 2

So has the rival not yet been implemented, or simply not enough interest? Nearly a year has gone by since you initially suggested this idea, though looking back not everyone could fully agree on how the process should work.

Myself, I would be more then happy to have the Dungeon Master decide on most of the details though I again offer that it would be more fun to work together with them on it. Some of the best rivals I feel are those that have at least some history with the character, some sort of connection in which to build on.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Text RPG Creator's Personal Rival

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,