Rape A War Tatic

Rape War Tatic - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 23rd Jul, 2014 - 11:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

UN Security Council
Post Date: 20th Jun, 2008 - 11:23am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Rape A War Tatic

UN classifies rape a 'war tactic'

The UN Security Council votes unanimously in favour of a resolution classifying rape as a weapon of war.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/a...cas/7464462.stm

20th Jun, 2008 - 2:16pm / Post ID: #

Tatic War Rape

This must be to engage action or funding because I see it as a bi-product of war and not a tactic in itself. However, because of the amount of women suffering and the below quote I can see the perspective:

QUOTE (BBC)
It described sexual violence as "a tactic of war to humiliate, dominate, instil fear in, disperse and/or forcibly relocate civilian members of a community or ethnic group".

Notice which countries were apprehensive about Discussing it?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3215 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2008 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

Rape A War Tatic
A Friend

Rape A War Tatic History & Civil Business Politics

I know that Rape has long been used in war as a means to suppress the civilian people. I feel that this resolution should have been placed in effect long ago. I hope now some countries will stop using rape as a means to and end. We will have to wait and see.

22nd Jun, 2008 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

Tatic War Rape

How is it a war tatic if after the surrender of the enemy the army comes in and rapes all the women? More like criminal to me. Check the Soviets when they entered nazi Germany during world war 2. Probably a lot of Germans today are really children of the Ruskies.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 87 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 8.7%

25th Jun, 2008 - 9:44am / Post ID: #

Tatic War Rape

I know that in WWII the Japanese had strategic rape, but it wasn't really a suppression tactic, but in the Bosnian War rape was used tactically. In most of the other wars I can think of rape just happened randomly.

With the Soviets, the troops were told that while in Germany no law applied to them, this led to the rape, pillage, and plunder legacy of the Soviet Union that we so know and love.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 1 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.1%

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2008 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

Rape A War Tatic
A Friend

Rape A War Tatic

Yes there is nothing like telling the troops that they will not be charged with any crimes while in a foreign country to have the ole Rape pillage and plunder come out in anyone. Heck if anyone complains just kill them right? After all you will not be held accountable for your actions.

It is this mind set and thinking that has gotten totally out of hand in todays world. Many troops feel that if they are in a foreign nation they can do as they please. This is not and should not ever be the case. I hope that many other countries learn that a lot of this behavior is no longer going to be accepted.

Making the case of rape be a war tatic I hope will start the domesticating of the barbaric troops.

Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2014 - 11:38pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Rape War Tatic

Israeli professor's 'rape as terror deterrent' statement draws ire:

'The only thing that deters a suicide bomber is the knowledge that if he pulls the trigger or blows himself up, his sister will be raped,' says Bar-Ilan University professor. Ref. Source 6

Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Rape A War Tatic

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,