Did Not Serve A Mission? - Page 3 of 3

There is always pressure because if 'x' - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 16th Feb, 2015 - 10:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
President Monson and others
Post Date: 5th Feb, 2015 - 1:42pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Did Not Serve A Mission? - Page 3

Young LDS men, women shouldn't be judged if they don't serve a mission early

The change in mission age opens up numerous choices for young LDS people, but many are feeling judged. Ref. Source 8

Sponsored Links:
6th Feb, 2015 - 2:29am / Post ID: #

Mission Serve Did

I'm glad this is being said. A mission is NOT for everyone as much as local leaders will like to 'force' all the young men and women on missions it takes a certain kind of person to be on a mission!

6th Feb, 2015 - 4:29pm / Post ID: #

Did Not Serve A Mission? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Exactly what kind of certain person are you referring to? Local leaders will always admonish young men on missions because that's what the general leadership suggests. No one is sent to a mission at gun point.

Post Date: 10th Feb, 2015 - 1:16am / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Page 3 Mission Serve Did

I think it takes a lot of discernment and it is my experience that not every young priesthood holder is worthy of serving. Yeah sure, it is your "Priesthood duty" To serve but not everyone that is called is chosen, right?

Is it right to push an unwilling man into service? I think that is at the core of the issue. Another side of this issue is the attitude that the local congregation with regard to the men who were unwilling to serve or were not able to serve.

Post Date: 13th Feb, 2015 - 4:35am / Post ID: #

Someone commented...

Mission Serve Did

Push is a strong word, Admonish is a better term. Going on a mission is not a question of "Do you want to go or not", it is always you SHOULD go. Still, we have AGENCY. The issue though is for the local leaders, should they admonish? YES.

16th Feb, 2015 - 5:07am / Post ID: #

Did Not Serve A Mission?

I'm no longer as young as I used to be so I'm out of touch with young minds today. Is there as much pressure to serve a mission now as there was a few decades ago?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Feb, 2015 - 10:30pm / Post ID: #

Did Serve Mission - Page 3

There is always pressure because if 'x' person did it then you can too but a mission may not be for everyone and no one should be pressured.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Did Not Serve A Mission?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,