Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger

Ultimate Charisma Pathfinder
Post Date: 17th Jan, 2016 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #

Ultimate Charisma

Ultimate Charisma

Based on your experiences what for you was the Ultimate Charisma's rating, pros and cons?

Ultimate Charisma
Ultimate Charisma (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Jan, 2016 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #

Charisma Ultimate

Raise armies, expand your reputation, and secure victory over your foes using Ultimate Charisma, by Everyman Gaming, LLC. Designed for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Ultimate Charisma gives Game Masters and players all the tools they need to put their charisma to the test as they recruit a legion of followers, exercise their leadership skills, master a variety of psychological maneuvers, and build lasting reputations and relationships to last a lifetime.

Ultimate Charisma includes:

Leadership, redesigned and retooled into a massive, multi-faceted subsystem that allows players to exercise their influence within the campaign setting in new and exciting ways.
Revised rules systems that allow players to use their leadership skills to attract multiple cohorts and followers and build reputations and relationships while remaining modular.
Psychology maneuvers, an easy to use design that streamlines a character’s ability to manipulate opponents in combat using a combination of words and wits.
New archetypes and character options.
New feats, mythic feats, and combat tricks.
Leadership perks, a new character option that allows characters to specialize and customize their leadership abilities to suit their needs.
New character traits.

18th Jan, 2016 - 2:59pm / Post ID: #

Ultimate Charisma Reviews RPG & Card Board

Since this thread has now been created I can go over things here, though I admit I am taking much of what I will be saying from another, who says much of what I will be talking about better then I could do on my own. A certain gaming reviewer by the name by Thilo G or as he is also known the Endzeitgeist. What does this book allow you to do? What is its purpose and what is inside? Rest assured I will be typing this in my own words.

Well a few things actually, though something to note first is that Ultimate Charisma is an updated version of the Leadership Handbook and Psychological Handbook. Both of these were wonderful resources in their own right, improve greatly two aspect of Pathfinder which many have had problems with. Leadership and Antagonize being the worst offenders, often being outright banned at many tables. Yet Ultimate Charisma actually goes beyond merely updating what was previously made and actually has new content as well.

Ultimate Charisma offers answers what what are often considered the most jarring rules components and makes things impressively more elegant, Feint, Demoralize, and Antagonize. What do these all share in common? They behave much like combat maneuvers yet are not actually such, while also being some of the most inelegant of rules. This book streamlines these into a more maneuver-like system that works arguablly in a much better way then Pathfinder proper.

Yet what I would like to focus on, and what lead me to originally link to the product in Leadership in the Pathfinder Role-playing Game though it needed to be edited because I forgot about the rules of promoting, is the Leadership feat. What Ultimate Charisma offers is that of leadership being a universal feature all players have access to, allowing you to choose perks for both famous and infamous characters which modify the type of leadership and reputation that you have while utilizing these perks for kingdom building, creating organizations, improving reputation, and more. Also, for those that don't want leadership there is what is called 'loner perks', which allow a character to easily stablize or even being a one-man army that in mass combat can actually defeat hostile armies.

Interestingly for me are the rules which introduce the concept of relationships, offering concise and easy way of understanding things while even offering rules for dysfunctional relationships compared to healthy relationships. These rules work wonderfully with the perk system spoken of earlier. This, all in all, is a book which offers concise and well thought out rules which would very well improve any game without overall unbalancing the game and if any greatly improve the balance of the game when it comes to certain rules found in Pathfinder.

Apart from being 3rd party, which not all Dungeon Masters allow, and having a table that doesn't want to put forth the effort to try something new there really is any cons to getting Ultimate Charisma and many pros for including it in your campaign.

> TOPIC: Ultimate Charisma

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,