Mayans - History, Historic Profiles - Posted: 10th Jun, 2016 - 2:31am

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 4 34 50 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

+  1 2 
Discuss  Mayans History of the Maya people. Forget what you know, because it is all wrong!
Post Date: 24th Jun, 2008 - 12:04am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

... But that story of the Maya is wrong, suggests archaeologist George Bey of Millsaps College in Jackson, Miss., who is co-leading an investigation of the abandoned city of Kiuic with Mexican archaeologist Tomas Gallareta of Mexico's National Institute of Archaeology and History. "Our work indicates that instead the Puuc region was occupied for almost 2,000 years before the collapse in the south," says Bey, by e-mail.
Ref. Source

Image from Wikimedia public domain.

Attached Image
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Jun, 2008 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Diplomat
[?] CPosts: 15,073
Avg: 7.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 15,590.50 FP
Charm: 352

That was a fascinating read. I will be doing more research on this to see exactly what happened to the mayan empire. Now that more and more is learned of it It is clear that something or someone was responsible for their downfall. The spear tips kind of prove that.

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2008 - 7:11am / Post ID: #

Diamond Editor
[?] CPosts: 865
Avg: 0.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 8.8%
[+] Gain: 225.45 FP
Charm: 44

Mayans Profiles Historic & History

That is so true Krakyn--I find anything to do with the Mayans fascinating! This is an incredible find and I too am excited to see where it leads.

I found the spear tips interesting as well as the note about the grinding stone being on their sides, meaning a farmer would be returning back to them. Kind of a neat tidbit I didn't know before.

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2008 - 7:35am / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 984
Avg: 0.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 11.2%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 45

That is fascinating. I would love to visit those ruins and see it all first hand. I have always believed there was more to the story. I would love to learn more about what they have discovered. I was trying to find more information by searching the internet and came across some nice pictures of the archetctural ruins.
Puuc Mayan Ruins

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2008 - 4:59pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Diplomat
[?] CPosts: 15,073
Avg: 7.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 15,590.50 FP
Charm: 352

Thanks for the link to the pics there Aalskann. I would love to get down there and take some pics of my own of the various sites. Learning about the past is something I like to do. I could never work in that field as I would find all the digging boring. :).

Post Date: 10th Apr, 2016 - 8:53am / Post ID: #

How an ancient civilization conserved water

High-resolution, aerial imagery bears significance for researchers on the ground investigating how remote, ancient Maya civilizations used and conserved water. Ref. Source 2v.

Post Date: 11th May, 2016 - 6:25am / Post ID: #

Kid finds ancient Mayan secret

WITH a combination of astronomy and Google Earth, a 15-year-old boy has made a remarkable discovery about the Mayans. [..] The inquisitive youngster, who has a deep fascination with ancient Maya, analysed 22 Mayan constellations and realised that the Mayans aligned their 117 cities with the positions of the stars. Ref. Source 1o.

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2016 - 2:31am / Post ID: #

Member Author
[?] CPosts: 290
Avg: 2.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 57.9%
[+] Gain: 2,487.00 FP
Charm: 25

Imagine it takes a kid to do this when satellites have been floating over this area for so long and no one noticed the points of the kingdoms match the stars. They really watched the stars intensely enough and probably worshiped them too.

Guest please SHARE: "Mayans" on:

+  1 2 
Sponsored Links:

Topics like "Mayans" may just be one of many, do use the Search to find more
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Mayans

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits

Latest Topics

Key: Background for Upgraded Members
Updated every 5 minutes See More

Latest Member Intro

Newest Members

Updated every: 31 minutes

Movies & Music Discussion from our Community:
Drew Barrymore:
Drew Barrymore Quotes By Opinion 15 Hours Ago
Steve Jacobs:
Top  Steve Jacobs TV Personality By Stem 16 Hours Ago
Demi Lovato:
  Demi Lovato Actor By News 1.1 Day(s) Ago
The Humanity Bureau:
  The Humanity Bureau 2010s By Abelard 1.1 Day(s) Ago
Jimmy Kimmel:
Best of  Jimmy Kimmel TV Series By Opinion 2 Days Ago
Dave Hughes:
Best of  Dave Hughes David William Hughes - Comedian - presenter By News 2.7 Days Ago
Harvey Weinstein:
  Harvey Weinstein American film producer and film studio executive - Mirmax Films By News 3.4 Days Ago
Rob Kardashian:
  Rob Kardashian By News 4.7 Days Ago
The Outsider:
Top  The Outsider 2010s By Factual 5.5 Days Ago
Bomb City:
  Bomb City 2010s By Bountybeauty 1 Week Ago
The Next Dungeons & Dragons Movie:
  The Next Dungeons & Dragons Movie By Question 1 Week Ago
Cold Skin:
Top  Cold Skin 2010s By Factual 1 Week Ago