Trinidad Corporal Punishment In Schools - Page 3 of 5

Rather off topic, but... I was not just quoting - Page 3 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 2nd Oct, 2010 - 6:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Reintroduction Of Corporal Punishment - Students being punished with beatings by teachers
1st Oct, 2010 - 7:12pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Corporal Punishment In Schools - Page 3

international QUOTE (Pamela @ 1-Oct 10, 1:31 PM)
The thing about is that sometimes the children don't do anything that warrants the teacher hitting them

The thing is...even if the child DOES something serious, the teacher should not put her/his hands on the child, period! It is against the law right now to hit a child in school so maybe you should make a formal complaint to the ministry of education.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Oct, 2010 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Corporal Punishment In Schools
A Friend

Schools Punishment Corporal Trinidad

I don't believe that every situation deserves beating but I do believe that there are times when beating(within reason) is justifiable....different strokes for different folks.I believe in spare the rod and spoil the child.

Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2010 - 12:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Trinidad Corporal Punishment In Schools Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I completely agree with you TriniSpanish no one is supposed to hit a child,there are other forms of punishment that are just as effective if not more so than hitting,giving penance for eg not letting the child have recess is another, it is a way of imposing discipline without frightening the child.When my son does something I think he shouldn't I don't let him watch TV or play on the computer or I send him to his room with a book and ask him questions on what he read and with these disciplinary measures I ensure that he doesn't end up resenting me at the end of the day but he also knows that he will be punished so he won't make the same mistakes. Look at what happened this morning he was so terrified of going to school he was throwing up, how can I in all honesty send him to school knowing he will not be comfortable and therefore not performing at his best and he is smart.

Scrunter if you believe in punishing your child then that's fine but how are you going to discipline him when he thinks it's OK to hit and starts doing it.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please make sure a space is after each period or comma so your text is not all jumbled together. See Constructive Posting Policy.

2nd Oct, 2010 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Schools Punishment Corporal Trinidad

international QUOTE (scrunter @ 1-Oct 10, 3:25 PM)
I do believe that there are times when beating(within reason) is justifiable....

Beating within a reason? (what an irony). Also we are not talking about corporal punishment at home but at school. I don't agree with it (home or school) however specifically in a school setting, a teacher shouldn't hit students. Corporal punishment has been abolished many years ago in this country so those teachers who dare to break the rules should be punished by the ministry of education.

Pamela:

international QUOTE
Look at what happened this morning he was so terrified of going to school he was throwing up,how can I in all honesty send him to school knowing he will not be comfortable and therefore not performing at his best and he is smart.

I think the teacher probably hit him many times before so he is terrified.

Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2010 - 12:25am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Schools Punishment Corporal Trinidad

Check the age group that is reeking havoc on this population at the moment.Now do some simple Arithmetic and minus the number of years Corporal Punishment was abolish in the local school system and maybe you will see a relationship with the escalation of crime and the abolition of corporal punishment.

Rather off topic, but...
That's just it.I don't hit for every and anything but when I do I explain to the child why.I also believe there is a God and according to God's law you are allow to correct a child this way.

But tell me which is worse physical punishment of psychological/mental punishment to the child?

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: References to religion or religious concepts should be left in the Religion Boards only. Please use the Offtopic Tags so that the Thread maintains the SAME subject matter and does not develop into another Topic. See Constructive Posting Policy.

2nd Oct, 2010 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

international QUOTE (scrunter @ 1-Oct 10, 7:25 PM)
Check the age group that is reeking havoc on this population at the moment.Now do some simple Arithmetic and minus the number of years Corporal Punishment was abolish in the local school system and maybe you will see a relationship with the escalation of crime and the abolition of corporal punishment.

Let me see if I understand you correctly, you are creating a link between lack of corporal punishment at schools and high crime (I would love to see some statistics and since you are bringing the point to the discussion, you should be the one providing the data wink.gif ). Of course, it would be interesting to read your reasoning/theory behind this link, basically where did you get this idea from? (that due to lack of corporal punishment there is more crime) What about other factors?

Reconcile Edited: TriniSpanish on 2nd Oct, 2010 - 1:02am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2010 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Trinidad Corporal Punishment Schools - Page 3

The escalation of crime in schools and the indiscipline of children in my opinion has nothing to do with whether they are getting beaten or not,beating a child only causes the child to resent and fear the person doing the beating.

Rather off topic, but...
To the person who was quoting the bible,I hope you follow EVERY commandment in the Bible

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: References to religion or religious concepts should be left in the Religion Boards only. See Constructive Posting Policy

Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2010 - 6:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Trinidad Corporal Punishment Schools Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 3

Rather off topic, but...
I was not just quoting the Bible I was also quoting the Holy Qu'ran as well.

As for where I get my facts....well let me put it another way if you can't see it and you are living in Trinbago then either you are too young to make the connection or just don't want to see it.Therefore in conclusion I will just say to each his/her own.Have a nice day.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: References to religion or religious concepts should be left in the Religion Boards only. See Constructive Posting Policy

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Trinidad Corporal Punishment In Schools

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,