Trinidad Corporal Punishment In Schools - Page 4 of 5

Name: George Title: Corporal punishment Comments: - Page 4 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 20th Apr, 2015 - 12:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Reintroduction Of Corporal Punishment - Students being punished with beatings by teachers
2nd Oct, 2010 - 7:32pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Corporal Punishment In Schools - Page 4

international QUOTE (scrunter @ 2-Oct 10, 1:24 PM)
As for where I get my facts....well let me put it another way if you can't see it and you are living in Trinbago then either you are too young to make the connection or just don't want to see it.

So basically you have you have no data or statistics to back up your point. Not a problem but it would be good if you say so next time and say it's your personal view so others won't ask for references. It has nothing to do with age or not want to "see it" but about how to debate properly. When you raise a point on a forum like this one and post it as a fact as you did, then you need to be prepared to back it up.

So far, I haven't seen any evidence that lack of corporal punishment in schools is causing the escalating crime situation.

Reconcile Edited: TriniSpanish on 2nd Oct, 2010 - 7:33pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Mar, 2011 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #

Schools Punishment Corporal Trinidad

Name: Proud Father

Comments: I'm a Trini and I do not want or ask anyone to beat my children. If in school their behavior is bad then you call me, do not take it upon yourself to become physical with my child.

7th Mar, 2011 - 7:51pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Corporal Punishment In Schools Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Today I was talking with a 10 years old child who was boasting that in his school the teachers do not beat students unless...the child does something really "wrong" then yes, they beat him. He said it in such manner as it was common that I only shook my head. I may or may not agree with physical punishment but for a stranger to touch my kid is a whole different story.

29th Mar, 2011 - 12:29am / Post ID: #

Page 4 Schools Punishment Corporal Trinidad

I was reading an article in today's Guardian and I just couldn't believe the amount of violence that children in Trinidad and Tobago experience. They not only receive (in some cases) severe beatings by their own parents (a child who was supposed to write the S.E.A exam is unable to do so because of a severe beating done by his stepfather) but they also reserve severe corporal punishment at school by the teachers.

The Ministry of Education is investigating the allegations of abuse by teachers in several schools. The first one a teacher from a school in Marabella took a chair and throw it at a Standard 5 girl causing her injuries to her leg, the child is unable to write the S.E.A exam because of the injury. Another teacher from a Hindu school got into an argument with a student (Standard 5) and slammed a door on the pupil's hand causing ligature injuries. Another incident involves a teacher beating a child with a rod, the edge of the rod was wrapped in masking tape and at the end of the beating, the child's hands were severely red and swollen.

The ministry also stated that they received constant reports of teachers pelting chalks and dusters to the students.

It is absolutely disgusting and sickening to read these sort of reports and hear the hypocrites who commit these sort of acts wondering how come our youth these days are so violent. Are you kidding me? The children from these stories are from PRIMARY school and they are being beaten like savages, what do you expect them to be like when they reach secondary school?

Whoever supports this are either abusers or brainless people.

Post Date: 10th Feb, 2014 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #

Schools Punishment Corporal Trinidad

Name: Unbelieveable

Comments: How frightening! I can't believe that in this modern world there are places that still think it is OK to beat children in school! Any thoughts about me coming to your country has gone out the window because I do not condone this treatment - it is abuse plain and simple!

2nd Mar, 2014 - 12:33pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Corporal Punishment In Schools

Unbelieveable, the problem is that parents approve that sort of treatment in schools and that's why the problem is not eradicated. If there were many concerned parents who voice their opinions they will be forced to change but as long as it works and people don't make a fuss about it, they will continue.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Feb, 2015 - 4:06am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Corporal Punishment Schools - Page 4

Sorry to disappoint some of you but do you all know that corporal punishment is in fact LEGAL in Trinidad and Tobago? President George Maxwell Richards initially assented to the Children Act in which prohibits the beating of children in 2012 but it has never been proclaimed.

Apparently, it still in Parliament and when they created the Child Protection Task Force, they recommended that this proclamation could wait until the Children’s Authority was fully functioning before they send it to the President, therefore corporal punishment STILL legal in the country despite clear instructions from the Ministry of Education that teachers should not hit/beat students. The law sides with the teacher who believes they can beat/flog a student in whatever way he/she sees fit.

Post Date: 20th Apr, 2015 - 12:37pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Corporal Punishment Schools Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 4

Name: George

Title: Corporal punishment

Comments: The modern day attitude of many people and their stubborn stance against all forms of corporal punishment have led us were we are today. We have many wilful, disobedient and stubborn young children who have no fear or respect for their parents on any adult because they have discovered that their are people who are readily available to degrade any corporal punishment afflicted on them by their parents or anyone else for their wrong doings. This protection is now also seen in the defence of serious criminals, and supported by Human right organisations officials sitting behind their leather covers desk living in affluent environments. The result of their thinking and offering protection against corporal punishment has now created a more insecure and dangerous world with criminals and badly behaved human beings gaining the upper hand. The world was a far better place when reasonable corporal punishment was administered without interference from those who believe that this form of retribution is now no longer necessary. The administering of reasonable corporal punishment over centuries has been well tried and tested ,and looking back the results are most rewarding in keeping the bad behaved young and adults human beings under acceptable control and self discipline.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Trinidad Corporal Punishment In Schools

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,