Forks Over Knives

Forks Knives - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 24th Jan, 2016 - 11:38am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Discuss  Forks Over Knives Documentary 2010s
Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2016 - 11:46pm / Post ID: #

Forks Over Knives

Forks Over Knives

Now that you have watched it, what is your review for the documentary called, "Forks Over Knives "?

Forks Over Knives
Forks Over Knives (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Jan, 2016 - 6:14am / Post ID: #

Knives Forks

What has happened to us? Despite the most advanced medical technology in the world, we are sicker than ever by nearly every measure. Cases of diabetes are exploding, especially amongst our younger population. About half of us are taking at least one prescription drug and major medical operations have become routine. Heart disease, cancer and stroke are the country’s three leading causes of death, even though billions are spent each year to “battle” these very conditions. Millions suffer from a host of other degenerative diseases. Could it be there’s a single solution to all of these problems? A solution so comprehensive, but so utterly straightforward, that it’s mind-boggling that more of us haven’t taken it seriously? FORKS OVER KNIVES examines the profound claim that most, if not all, of the so-called “diseases of affluence” that afflict us can be controlled, or even reversed, by rejecting our present menu of animal-based and processed foods. The major storyline in the film traces ….

24th Jan, 2016 - 11:38am / Post ID: #

Forks Over Knives Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I thought the movie was fantastic. It almost have the feeling of a "Homemade" production and is narrated by someone struggling with different illness and his journey in finding natural alternatives to alleviate the amount of pills he must take.

In the process, we are shown different types of people struggling with illnesses such as cancer, high cholesterol, diabetes, coronary disease between others and their great improvement as well as removal of some of these conditions when they were put in a natural, plant-based diet.

Of course, there are a lot of movie critics but that's expected. Like Dr. Ellsworth (101 years old vegan said in an interview) and I am paraphrasing: "You can speak to people about the importance of exercising and they will be quite accepting. You talk about what they eat, and they become very sensitive about it".

The film’s producers call it a movie that “examines the profound claim that most, if not all, of the degenerative diseases that afflict us can be controlled, or even reversed, by rejecting our present menu of animal-based and processed foods.” As I previously mentioned, they show the journey of different people and you can actually see how they started and where are they now. They feel happier, they look younger and a very important element that I noticed: Their confidence level is very high.

The film follows and highlights also the careers of American physician Caldwell Esselstyn and professor of nutritional biochemistry T. Colin Campbell, who have done an extensive work in the field of proper nutrition. It also highlights a very rare but growing minority: Medical doctors working with patients by providing them natural ways to remove illness through diet and exercising. It was great to see these doctors in action.

It also gives an overview of a study done in China in a period of 20 years, in which he (Dr. Campbell) states that coronary disease, diabetes, obesity, and even cancer can be linked to the Western diet of processed and animal-based foods (Including dairy products). There was a lot of proof in the film that countries where the consumption of meat and dairy isn't high, are the countries where you see the least percentage of any type of cancer and heart disease.

Finally, the film hardly mentions the word vegan but uses "Plant-based diet". I know Gary Yourofsky isn't happy about that, but I thought it was clever and accurate since the film does not promote processed foods of any kind and even within the vegan diet, a lot of vegans eat a lot of processed foods.

I recommend this film if you are interested in knowing why there are so many illnesses and what can be done about it. I plan to watch it again.

> TOPIC: Forks Over Knives

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,