Flooded Roads Across Iowa Will Hamper, But Not Hal

Flooded Roads Iowa Hamper Hal - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 5th Jul, 2008 - 2:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 24th Jun, 2008 - 6:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Flooded roads across Iowa will hamper, but not halt, RAGBRAI
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.../LIFE/806190346

The Register's Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa is still planned for July 20 to 26 on the scheduled route.

But extensive flooding in the state has left a handful of roads in some pass-through towns still underwater, said T.J. Juskiewicz, the ride's director. The overnight towns are "in pretty good shape."

"It may be another couple of weeks until we have a better understanding of road conditions," said Juskiewicz. He has met with public safety officials in each of the overnight towns.

I am glad that this annual ride is not to be cancelled. This is a big event for the state attracting hundreds of bicyclist from all over. Something everyone should try at least once, if your into cycling. smile.gif

Reconcile Edited: KNtoran on 24th Jun, 2008 - 6:58pm

Sponsored Links:
3rd Jul, 2008 - 7:39pm / Post ID: #

Hal Not Hamper Iowa Roads Flooded

Seems some even does this riding unicycles how cool is that. I hope the weather is ggod for this. They have a great site loads of tips on how to transport you bike and local riding rules.

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2008 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Flooded Roads Across Iowa Will Hamper, But Not Hal Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Yes RAGBRAI is a great boost and boon for the economy of Iowa. It is second only to the state fair for a must do thing to do in the summer. Ragbrai is a party on two wheels. Many people party the whole week as they ride across the state. I know scout troops who follow the riders across Iowa. They pick up can for recycling. Some make over $2k just doing that. I can tell you it is a sight to behold.

4th Jul, 2008 - 4:05pm / Post ID: #

That is amazing 2k in can wow. I am glad they do it though and I bet the rest feel the same way so they are not sluggin all the garbage with them.

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2008 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yes the garbage produced by Ragbrai is amazing. It is nice to have volunteers from the area to assist in cleaning up afterwards. This is also a reason the route changes from year to year. They give a chance for other communities to enjoy the sights and sound of Ragbrai.

5th Jul, 2008 - 5:42am / Post ID: #

QUOTE (KNtoran @ 24-Jun 08, 1:57 PM)
Something everyone should try at least once, if your into cycling. smile.gif

So have you every given it a go? Sounds like it could be a lot of fun. My husband would love to bicycle across the country. I told him I could think about it if he could assure me a clean hotel room to sleep in every night. Of course by the time we ever got around to it I'll probably need one of those adult tricycles.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Jul, 2008 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Flooded Roads Iowa Hamper Not Hal

Yes, I have ridden my bike from the western side of Iowa to the Eastern side of Iowa. Pedalling your way some 300 miles up and down hills and a rapid 15-20 miles an hour lets you take in some nice sites. The only thing you have to worry about is food and water. The warm nights in July allow you sleep under the stars. Just remember bug repellant. smile.gif

> TOPIC: Flooded Roads Across Iowa Will Hamper, But Not Hal

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,