Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character - Page 19 of 20

It can be assumed this was answered, that - Page 19 - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 30th May, 2016 - 12:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 20 pgs.  15 16 17 18 19 20 
Closed
Rules, Create Character, Questions & Support for Ponyfinder: Age Of Adventure RPG
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
6th May, 2016 - 11:43pm / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character - Page 19

And The Storyteller says...

Just wanted all of you to know, I have been slowly typing up a reply on my phone, though I lost it the first time, and I should hopefully have it finished tonight. If not expect it tomorrow before noon (MST).

Also, I am glad to see that we now have three of our four players. Hopefully our captain returns or this won't be as interesting, as without them there is one less for each of the characters to interact with apart from NPCs.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 6th May, 2016 - 11:46pm

Sponsored Links:
19th May, 2016 - 1:07am / Post ID: #

Character Create Rules RPG Ponyfinder Thomaslees

Well it seems that it is time to look for more players. I will update the rules now and see that everything is in place.

24th May, 2016 - 1:19pm / Post ID: #
Zero Zodiac

Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

And Unmarked says...

So, Golden Dawn is a Greek political party with far-right views. Every time I read this new pony's name now, that is what I will think of.

My intent here is of course not to censor. I would like opinions on whether avoiding something's name gives it power. Personally, I think it does. It's just that I have a prior association.

Perhaps he could have a different surname? I just hope that as a pegasus it's not weather related. (So sorry, I'm so immature).

24th May, 2016 - 10:15pm / Post ID: #

Page 19 Character Create Rules RPG Ponyfinder Thomaslees

Glad to see this thread finally put to use again! Hmm… I admit though I wish it was for a different question.

You are not the first to bring this up, you are like the second or third. Sighs, I don't even live in Greece and this damned political party is being a bother. That because of this group, it seems to taint the name for some and be uncomfortable for them.

I'm willing to allow the players to decide on this, to changing his name, but I can assure you that the pegasus Golden Dawn is nothing like the political party in which his name is shared with. If you give him a chance perhaps you can start seeing the paladin for himself and not for the political party in question, that his beliefs and actions are much different.

Still, if it is preferred I am willing to change the name. Admittingly, it would annoy me somewhat that I might have to though.
-

Onto your question of whether or not avoiding something or someone's name give them power, I should hope not. Just as using their name shouldn't give them power either.

Onto what this paladin's name relates to, it connects to his special talent and cutiemark. Which is the banishing of fear within himself and others, replacing it with courage. His cutiemark being a sun half risen from the horizon banishing spector like shadows. As the sun pushes away darkness with the coming dawn, so does courage push back fear. Then there is the color of his coat, a golden yellow.

Since I'm afraid I can't link to it, if you search "Golden Dawn MLP" you can find an image showing his appearance and an image of his cutiemark. You might even learn more about him if you do, but that is for you to decide to look.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 24th May, 2016 - 10:24pm

26th May, 2016 - 12:27pm / Post ID: #
Zero Zodiac

Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet

Character Create Rules RPG Ponyfinder Thomaslees

And Unmarked says...

Out of Character: Fair enough, I'll leave it entirely up to you. I'll try to disassociate the two and that shouldn't be too hard.

I'm now curious to see what the exact nuances of his paladin code will be in specific situations and I hope he doesn't outshine the players.

Finally, I'm not sure what to post in character apart from waiting for the others to come aboard. As for cantrips, I simply prepared 4 other ones. I may leave a slot open in the future.

26th May, 2016 - 9:29pm / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character

Out of Character: I'm glad to hear, though if only others were keeping an eye on this thread to get their input.

Well one thing I can tell you is that he will never fall for choosing good over law, if he is presented with such a dilemma his code requires him to pick good. This would apply to all paladins. On overshadowing the party members, I don't plan on it.

He is only a NPC, of no higher level then the rest of the party, and will kept in the background unless needed for the plot.or if things get dangerous in a fight. In such situations he will play more of a support role then anything.

Well perhaps you could have Zero go with the stallion Sea Breeze introduced to him, start helping loading the ship and getting everything ready? On cantrips, that is fine.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 26th May, 2016 - 9:30pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th May, 2016 - 8:52pm / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character
A Friend

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules Create Character - Page 19

Hmm… I'm not sure whether to post or wait until my question about who is carrying the books is answered. I don't want to interrupt anything, but it looks like it might be hard not to. Should I just assume it is my job to carry them? Should I ask any more questions to the other PCs?

30th May, 2016 - 12:14am / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules Create Character Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews - Page 19

It can be assumed this was answered, that Mythos doesn't care who carries the books. Still since it is only Star and Lightning as "Active" party members it would need to be one of you two.

On asking other questions of PCs, that is up to you. Let's just hope they can answer. The sooner we can move this forward the better and I can provide you with any "Behind the scenes" answers to questions asked. I don't want to have this die.

If you have any suggestions how to prevent this I am all ears, even if I need to majorly change my Dungeon Mastering. If this fails I will consider it my fault, as I feel is only right.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 30th May, 2016 - 12:16am

+  « First of 20 pgs.  15 16 17 18 19 20 

> TOPIC: Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,