Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character - Page 6 of 20

I am mostly using the geography of Equestria - Page 6 - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 2nd Feb, 2016 - 12:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 20 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (20) »
Closed
Rules, Create Character, Questions & Support for Ponyfinder: Age Of Adventure RPG
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 2nd Feb, 2016 - 1:57am / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character
A Friend

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character - Page 6

Hm...are there any potential players lined up? Should we find a way to get more players? What is the plan for number of players in the game?

Sponsored Links:
2nd Feb, 2016 - 2:36am / Post ID: #

Character Create Rules RPG Ponyfinder Thomaslees

And The Storyteller says...

Finding a way of getting new players will be important, though the question is how. I really don't have anyone on my end I could ask though I could try.

2nd Feb, 2016 - 3:00am / Post ID: #
Lightning Strike

Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

And The Wandering Blade says...

Been working on Lightning Strike today. Got most of the choices made. Just need to crunch his numbers and pick gear.

He's a Kensai Magus, and I'm basing him off the wandering ronin/wuxia swordsman hero. Simple pony with a Katana that he can bathe with lightning as he stabs a wicked chaos creature.

And yes, I took 5 ranks in profession Gardener. Zen Gardens don't grow themselves.

If you Google Image Search 'Samurai Pony', you'll see a white pony with a black mane, white kimono, and black sword in one of the early results. That's what I'm basing his look off of.

Rolling Hit Dice.

Reconcile Edited: Corinthi on 2nd Feb, 2016 - 3:12am

Lightning Strike Results:
  • Rolling Hit Dice on D8 (+0): 7 (1 roll, as D4-8)

Post Date: 2nd Feb, 2016 - 5:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 6 Character Create Rules RPG Ponyfinder Thomaslees

I'm down to do this.

Rather off topic, but...
I have some... "Issues" with the UI of this site, but it is of no true consequence.

I'm well-versed in Pathfinder, and actually backed the initial kickstarter for Ponyfinder, but have yet to actually play a game of it. Hopefully this will rectify that situation.

I hope I know what this roll generate does.

2nd Feb, 2016 - 12:05pm / Post ID: #
Lightning Strike

Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet

Character Create Rules RPG Ponyfinder Thomaslees

And The Wandering Blade says...

Hmm. Looks like I messed up my hit points. Got one seven so far. Here's the other 3 rolls.

Lightning Strike Results:
  • Remaining Hit Points on D8 (+0): 3, 5, 6 (3 rolls)

2nd Feb, 2016 - 12:22pm / Post ID: #

Lightning Strike, glad to see your character coming together. Looks good so far.

Welcome Forderz, glad to see another join. Especially one that own a copy of Ponyfinder. You have a few 1s that you can have rerolled, so roll another 3d6.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Feb, 2016 - 12:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules Create Character - Page 6

I'd also like some more information on the exact nature of Equestria.

Are you using the geography presented in the canon map?

Are race relations changed? Are Gryphons the broken inheritors of a dead kingdom?

What's going on with the Changelings?

Is everything idyllic as in canon Equestria, or is there stuff like socioeconomic friction? Is old nobility fading into irrelevance as Equestria modernises? What's the literacy rate?

Still thinking about what to play.

2nd Feb, 2016 - 12:49pm / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules Create Character Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews - Page 6

I am mostly using the geography of Equestria from the offical map exactly, though there might be small changes here and there.

Griffons are not the broken inheritors of a dead kingdom, as that is something that greatly disappointed me with how the show handled introducing the race. I feel personally they should be a strong nation of their own, a great kingdom, and that they would be a proud race that stands on their own two paws. Admittingly, I will also be playing griffons off much like dwarves, and being a more stubborn and aggressive then their Equestrian neighbors.

Changelings are going to be broken up into Hives, some more aggressive then others while some simply wish to be left alone to their own devices. I'm going to use the mechanics that there would be racial variance, either buy 'starting' the race or taking the feat to become a changeling, to show different 'subspecies' of changeling which can then be connected or based on hive.

Not everything will be as idyllic as on the show, and I see no reason for there not to be socioeconomic friction. On the idea that "Old nobility fading into irrelevance as Equestria modernizes", that is an idea that might see use. It is interesting at least.

Most ponies of Equestria will be literate. The education rate would also be high, almost all pony getting a basic education while also having available higher schooling for all who desire it. Learning and knowledge are important in the eyes of the Celestial Sisters, and especially by Twilight herself, even Cadance to a certain extent.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 2nd Feb, 2016 - 1:03pm

> TOPIC: Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,