Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character - Page 9 of 20

Well I wouldn't go quite that far. - Page 9 - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 5th Feb, 2016 - 11:26am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 20 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (20) »
Closed
Rules, Create Character, Questions & Support for Ponyfinder: Age Of Adventure RPG
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
4th Feb, 2016 - 6:22pm / Post ID: #
Zero Zodiac

Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character - Page 9

And Unmarked says...

I guess I do have time to spare now that Call of Cthulhu is paused indefinitely.

Let me bounce an idea off everyone. Please suggest additions.
A unicorn with dark grey hair and black mane born with no cutiemark. Sad and mopey all the time because of that, used to be a shut-in but now going on adventure to try and find a purpose.

Probably a sorcerer or wizard, shadow bloodline in either case (Eldritch heritage). He soon figures out he has the power to manipulate shadows, and this ability probably scares himself.

It sounds like a silly question but does shadow magic count as illegal Dark Magic?

I will have to start watching the show. So far I've only seen episode 1.

PS. I'd love to see the Kensai in action, I've wanted to try the class since I saw it. But my concept was a scythe wielder. Imagine rolling 10d4 on a critical.

Sponsored Links:
4th Feb, 2016 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

Character Create Rules RPG Ponyfinder Thomaslees

And The Storyteller says...

Since an adult pony has never officially been shown without a cutiemark, putting aside animation errors, I'm going to have to say no to your character not having one. Now if your character was young colt, perhaps young enough to explain being without a cutiemark, that is fine. Though they would then need to either follow the rules for young characters or take the Young template. There is a trait which allows young characters to take normal classes

On the rest, I have no issues though onto your question shadow magic wouldn't be illegal, yet much like witches and necromancers there would sometimes be those who suspicious of those who use it. I could see it making a comeback with the return of Princess Luna, more ponies studying shadow magic though with understanding to still avoid evil magic. King Sombra being an example of a shadow mage who became evil for studying Dark Magic.

Now on the cutiemark bit there is actually another reason why I'm saying no. This because because I feel a cutiemark is n because it is a visual representation of a pony's special talent, purpose, and even destiny but something that always comes around puberty. For an adult not to have it would mean I feel that something was seriously wrong, something for other ponies to be very concerned about.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 4th Feb, 2016 - 6:48pm

4th Feb, 2016 - 6:46pm / Post ID: #
Zero Zodiac

Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

And Unmarked says...

So you don't want to break canon at all, then, not even for somepony to be unique? What if the cutiemark was a shadow, but his hair was already so dark you can barely see it.

Otherwise, I could play a colt. Would that use the young character rules in its entirety, or would I be able to choose a proper class? EDIT: I don't want to spend a trait, and the template reduces CR... What to do...

Would a Shoadow Pony or Umbrum be significantly different from a normal unicorn? Both in lore and mechanics?

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 4th Feb, 2016 - 6:48pm

4th Feb, 2016 - 7:17pm / Post ID: #

Page 9 Character Create Rules RPG Ponyfinder Thomaslees

Read above, I edited my post. The general idea is this though. Every pony has something special about them and their cutiemark represents this. Also, a cutiemark always comes around or near puberty so adults simply can't go without. Not without others believing something was seriously wrong.

I am willing to wave that part of the rules for young characters, just note they are something of a prodigy given their youth (And in having a normal class, not a NPC class).

A shadow or umbral pony would have different racials. Might consider an already created race, whether by paizo or 3rd party, and do a little editing/ homebrewing.

4th Feb, 2016 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #
Lightning Strike

Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet

Character Create Rules RPG Ponyfinder Thomaslees

And The Wandering Blade says...

Seems like a missing CutieMark could be an interesting story element and a reason for adventure.

4th Feb, 2016 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character

Hmm, you make a fair point Corinthi... Especially if the end goal would be figuring out why he doesn't have a cutiemark and gaining that which was meant to have appeared when young. Though what I would consider is that it would be some outside force, magic, or other being that has denied such.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Feb, 2016 - 9:28pm / Post ID: #
Lightning Strike

Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules Create Character - Page 9

And The Wandering Blade says...

Right. If you approach it as a story element, it really could work. If he's going Shadow/Darkness magic, the missing cutie mark could represent some mystical ailment or curse, that if not fixed could destroy all of Equestria! *gasp!*.

5th Feb, 2016 - 11:26am / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules Create Character Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews - Page 9

Well I wouldn't go quite that far. Perhaps it could be a side adventure, but it would probably be one more focused on helping him and not worrying about how it effects all of Equestria.

> TOPIC: Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,