Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character - Page 12 of 20

Removed the alternate race trait and renamed - Page 12 - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 12th Feb, 2016 - 4:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 20 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  ...Latest (20) »
Closed
Rules, Create Character, Questions & Support for Ponyfinder: Age Of Adventure RPG
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
10th Feb, 2016 - 3:26pm / Post ID: #
Zero Zodiac

Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character - Page 12

And Unmarked says...

A few tiny details left, an then I have a short backstory to write. But it won't be a deep backstory, he's young and insular after all.

The familiar, I take it that it won't advance with Arcane Trickster (Except for HP and shared skills) so I picked up Boon Companion.
Instead of Speaking with Master, can I have him just talk?
Does the Focused School archetype class feature go off my wizard level, or the familiar's effective level? I will probably stay wizard 4 as we level up.
Familiars seem to be the kind of class feature that needs to be heavily houseruled. I've been trying to stick as close to the rules I could find while looking for ways to do what I imagined.

Would you allow the rare cantrip Penumbra, or do I have to grab Protective Penumbra at 2nd? I will be getting light sensitivity and blindness later (Plot permitting).
Shadow Anchor is a Wayang spell, I hope you don't mind if I take it.

I need a better name for an owl. My instinct was Rodney, but there's no pun in that. Barnard for a Barn Owl?

Okay, I think I'm done with the mechanics.

Sponsored Links:
11th Feb, 2016 - 1:50am / Post ID: #

Character Create Rules RPG Ponyfinder Thomaslees

And The Storyteller says...

That is fine, let me know when you are finished.

Boon Companion is I feel the best answer, and a good choice, when it comes to having the familiar be of a higher level. You may just need to accept that it wouldn't be quite as high if your character was a single class.

If you pick a Raven, Thrush, or Parret you can have the familiar speak one language... Though I could allow an Owl to also have such available.

You mean the School Focus class ability of the School Savant, an Arcanist archetype? If so, it is based of your Arcanist level, which is then treated being the Wizard level for purpose of the effect.

As such, if you are a 5th level Arcanist your character is also the equavialent of a 5th level Wizard when it comes to having an Arcane School. Does that make sense?
-----

You want Light Sensitivity and Light Blindness? That could perhaps be worked in, maybe even allowing that by taking this you can gain more of what a Fetchling has to offer? Perhaps allowing you to have all three abilities plus those two weaknesses, though then it may be a bit weak.

For now, I'm going to say grab Protective Penumbra and perhaps later you character can find the cantrip version.

On the name of your owl... Barnard the Barn Owl is fine. Technically, a pun wouldn't be required.

11th Feb, 2016 - 3:00am / Post ID: #
Zero Zodiac

Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

And Unmarked says...

Sorry, I meant the Focused School class ability of the Familiar Adept (Wizard). It should be visible on my sheet, though I admit it's cluttered. If it counts familiar level, instead of wizard level, the owl gets is a second Blinding Ray per day.

The light blindness will be the result of the Fetchling racial feats, though I don't have any of them yet. Really powerful feats in my opinion. Ok. No cantrip it is.

Post Date: 11th Feb, 2016 - 5:49pm / Post ID: #

Page 12 Character Create Rules RPG Ponyfinder Thomaslees

Name: Kathy

Comments: Are the rules for your game going to be based on James Weimer's MLP rules or is this something different?

Post Date: 11th Feb, 2016 - 6:24pm / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character
A Friend

Character Create Rules RPG Ponyfinder Thomaslees

I am almost certain we're using David Silver's Ponyfinder system.

I sure hope we are, because otherwise there's been a severe miscommunication.

11th Feb, 2016 - 6:37pm / Post ID: #
Lightning Strike

Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character

And The Wandering Blade says...

The very first post in the thread lies out the rules the games using.

We aren't using Roleplaying is Magic.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Feb, 2016 - 7:46pm / Post ID: #

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules Create Character - Page 12

And The Storyteller says...

We are using the Pathfinder System, along with David Silver's Ponyfinder Campaign Setting though mostly only game mechanics not fluff.

12th Feb, 2016 - 4:06pm / Post ID: #
Zero Zodiac

Character
Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet

Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules Create Character Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews - Page 12

And Unmarked says...

Removed the alternate race trait and renamed owl to Barnard. Moved data to correct boxes. Wrote a backstory, I hope it's acceptable.

> TOPIC: Thomaslee's Ponyfinder RPG Rules, Create Character

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,