Romance In Role-playing Games

Romance Role-playing Games - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 2nd Jun, 2016 - 3:20pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 6 46 125 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

+  1 2 3 
Top  Romance In Role-playing Games
Post Date: 14th Feb, 2016 - 1:11pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 36,819
Avg: 8.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 1,161.05 FP
Charm: 331

Romance In Role-Playing Games

When I used to run Drama related Role-playing Games like Love & Life Bytes it was easy for Players to get their Characters flirting, romantic or even the very opposite. In a setting that surrounds battle and exploration that is typical of such Role-playing Games as Dungeons & Dragons having Romance as part of the Scenario may be less appealing or is it? As a GM / Dungeon Master / Referee have you attempted to allow Characters to become Romatic towards each other or NPCs in which they come in contact? What about a Scenario based on Romance of finding love, would that make a good game? What are your thoughts?

Attached Image

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Feb, 2016 - 4:50pm / Post ID: #

Member Graced
[?] CPosts: 115
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 3.9%
[+] Gain: 104.82 FP
Charm: 13

Games Role-playing Romance

It's highly group dependent really. Some players don't want romance in their game, especially if it's all men playing around the table.

My gaming groups have a really decent mix of male and female players, and we have games where romance is a big part of the game, and games where it doesn't turn up at all.

For example, I'm currently running a game called Monsterhearts, which basically takes the premise of all those teen supernatural romances and asks, 'What if these sort of stories actually took place with real, messed up teenagers trying to decide who they are and what their place in the world is?' Questions of who's dating who, and who's popular and who's not and the like are all very relevant in that game.

We just finished up playing through The Flood campaign for Deadlands. There was no real romance in that beyond a brief flirtation between my character and a woman we knew was an official of an evil cult. A flirtation that we all knew would never go anywhere, but made for a more interesting scene.

Personally, I like including romantic subplots in games I run. It makes the characters and their situations more real.

Post Date: 14th Feb, 2016 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 2,154
Avg: 1.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 34.6%
[+] Gain: 382.71 FP
Charm: 77

Romance In Role-playing Games Reviews RPG & Card Board

I love to lead on and then give heartache! I used to do that a lot in the drama games. The only thing is it should not become the center of the game. An off shoot relationship between two characters should be just that and not involve everyone in the game as in we have to wait for you to come up with an action because you're too 'in love' to make a move. rolleyes.

Post Date: 14th Feb, 2016 - 10:28pm / Post ID: #

Premium Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 897
Avg: 0.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 17.5%
[+] Gain: 162.99 FP
Charm: 42

I've never entertained the idea but maybe its because I haven't had the chance to as yet. Corinthi made me laugh about an all male tabletop session with no attempts to get characters romantic.

Post Date: 15th Feb, 2016 - 5:35am / Post ID: #

Member Junior
[?] CPosts: 43
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 0.8%
[+] Gain: 54.76 FP
Charm: 1

If I'm sitting down to play an adventure I really don't want to get into too much details about any romantic interests my character has unless its part of a greater plot.

Post Date: 15th Feb, 2016 - 1:23pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 2,154
Avg: 1.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 34.6%
[+] Gain: 382.71 FP
Charm: 77

I forgot to mention that I'm working on a solo Role-playing Game that involves a strangely romantic relationship in a modern setting. Doing it without having to worry about other players makes it easy to manipulate where every emotion goes.

Post Date: 15th Feb, 2016 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

Premium Senior
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 302
Avg: 0.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 11.3%
[+] Gain: 96.32 FP
Charm: 18

Romance Role-playing Games

My own preference is to leave it out. When you start adding romance you're leaving the option for the other character to get too frisky and some players have dirty minds.

Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2016 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

Member Author
[?] CPosts: 290
Avg: 2.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 53.9%
[+] Gain: 2,487.00 FP
Charm: 25

Romance Role-playing Games

Romance? Not for me. I'm actually in a game where one of the characters has a home and a partner. They really do not do any romantic stuff but then again we aren't in a position to be romantic with everyone being killed around us.

Post Date: Thu Jun 21, 2018 - 15:50:18 GMT / Post ID: #

History

We break from Romance In Roleplaying Games to share wisdom from old times:
HistoricToday is: 21st June (GMT), in history on the 21st of June, 1921 AD the following birth happened:
Frank Scott: Fargo, North Dakota -- Pianist (Lawrence Welk Show)

Guest please SHARE: "Romance In Role-playing Games" on:

+  1 2 3 
Sponsored Links:

OPTIONS FOR DISCUSSION: About, How, When, Where, Why of Romance In Role-playing Games
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Romance In Role-playing Games

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy and Disclaimer pages.

ROK II

Current Leaders

Hunter

Hunter (15)
Krusten

Krusten (11)
Chynacat

Melodie (11)
Wizard

Merlin (10)
Stacia

Charmain (7)
Seraphina

Alana (5)

Aspiring Leaders

Dragon / Vitiosus (5)
Beowolf / Norskman (4)
Anronrosby / Cedrick (4)
Keidivh / Alrick (3)
Play by post / Tanis (2)
Tehdunce / Adriana (1)

Ready To Rule?

Are you here yet or still hiding? Come out of your cave and become a Ruler... a Ruler of Kings.

Highlights

Right Amount Of Role-Players: What are your reviews for this Topic? By JoePublic 7th May, 2018 - 2:01pm
Text RPG Creator Pre-rolled Characters: What are your reviews for this Topic? By play by post 13th Mar, 2018 - 6:34am
Melodramatic Role-Play Gamers: What are your reviews for this Topic? By JoePublic 9th Dec, 2017 - 1:12pm
Managing Intelligent Monsters In Role-Playing Games: What are your reviews for this Topic? By Abnninja 11th Sep, 2017 - 5:54pm
Maps & Mapping For Role-Playing Games: What are your reviews for this Topic? By JB 9th Sep, 2017 - 8:23am
Game Masters Looking For RPG Play By Post Players: What are your reviews for this Topic? By JB 6th Aug, 2017 - 3:24pm
Game Master's Schedule Or Stop Waiting On Slow Players Guide: What are your reviews for this Topic? By LitRPG 19th Mar, 2017 - 8:26pm
Game Masters That Cannot Follow Posting Rules: What are your reviews for this Topic? By JB 16th Mar, 2017 - 10:47pm
Game Master's Nag Player Button: What are your reviews for this Topic? By Txtrpg 27th Nov, 2016 - 2:10pm
Game Master's Rules & Policies Thread: What are your reviews for this Topic? By Txtrpg 26th Jan, 2016 - 12:54pm