Awake Brain Surgery

Awake Brain Surgery - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 21st May, 2014 - 4:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Deep brain stimulation
Post Date: 25th Jun, 2008 - 11:41pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Awake Brain Surgery

Deep Brain Stimulation

Mary Kane was first diagnosed with Parkinson's disease 16 years ago. The 57-year-old suffers from symptoms like tremors, slowness of movement and rigidity. When the medication she had been taking for years stopped helping, she had to undergo a dramatic awake brain surgery.
Ref. ABC Nightline

Sponsored Links:
28th Jun, 2008 - 9:30am / Post ID: #

Surgery Brain Awake

I cannot imagine having to have a surgery like this!

I have a friend who suffers from this disease though and I guess if it would heal him or make him even a little better than his quality of life is now, it would be worth it. I have watched him deteriorate over the past few years and it is a sad thing to witness.

So if you are awake can you feel it as well? Or do they just use some other kind of pain blocker?

Post Date: 28th Jun, 2008 - 2:21pm / Post ID: #

Awake Brain Surgery
A Friend

Awake Brain Surgery Health & Special Psychology

They use a local pain blocker to get past the skull. Once inside they do not need to use pain blockers because you have no pain sensors in the brain. I know this is something I am not sure I would want to do. I guess if you have a disease that is causing you problems you would want it fixed. If this was your final option I would probably do it too.

Post Date: 21st May, 2014 - 4:04pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Surgery Brain Awake

Brain implant made man Cash fan

RESEARCHERS were shocked after a man with obsessive-compulsive disorder became a Johnny Cash fan after having a brain implant. Ref. Source 4

> TOPIC: Awake Brain Surgery

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,