Saudi Marriage Official Says 1-year-old Brides Ok

- Studies of Islam - Posted: 27th Jun, 2008 - 1:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th Jun, 2008 - 3:09am / Post ID: #

If this true, I am terrified at the thought of pedophiles marrying kids! I don't agree with this at all as you well can see.

Call it marriage, Islamic style.

Saudi marriage officiant Dr. Ahmad al-Mu"bi told Lebanese television viewers last week that it's permissible for girls as young as 1 to marry - as long as sex is postponed.

Al-Mu"bi's remarkable comments also included an explanation that 'there is no minimal age for entering marriage."

"You can have a marriage contract even with a 1-year-old girl, not to mention a girl of 9, 7 or 8," he said. "But is the girl ready for sex or not?" What is the appropriate age for sex for the first time? This varies according to environment and tradition," al-Mu"bi said

Sponsored Links:
26th Jun, 2008 - 5:33am / Post ID: #

Ok Brides -year-old Official Marriage Saudi

Well, I am glad that there was a official ruling on this! Otherwise, I might just think it is plain...hmmm...what is the word...SICK! The caveat about sex is important though and I am glad he mentioned this as otherwise I might just think it is...SICK! Although as relieved as I am about that, the "Official" view of environment and tradition determining when sex should start is well to say the least...interesting...I always thought it was biological and a mental/emotional element...but what do I know...I am not a marriage officiant.

Rather off topic, but...
Awww...quit crying honey...we are going to Baby'sR'US for the honeymoon. We will pick you out a nice mobile for your crib so you can look in amazement at that, much in the same way that others look at our situation. No, I am sorry, I wont be able to put cake in your mouth at the wedding, but I can put a passifier in there for you. I just look so forward to first day that I will be able to take my wife to elementary school.

And do you infant child take this perv to be your lawfully wedded husband to death do you part? [crying starts] What does that mean? [shaking her head no] She seems to be shaking her head no...or she just cant keep her head still. [she passes gas and smiles] OH LOOK...she is smiling...she said yes!

Again, armagedon starts shortly...keep your seats upright, please return your trays to the locked position and refrain from using any electronic devices as civilization comes to a end. We hoped you enjoyed flying with us...

26th Jun, 2008 - 6:41am / Post ID: #

Saudi Marriage Official Says 1-year-old Brides Ok Islam Studies

I can't think of any muslim jokes that can top the hilarity of their standard official court rulings. How have these people survived as long as they have?

Prediction on next court ruling, the case of "old enough to bleed, old enough to breed."

26th Jun, 2008 - 7:53am / Post ID: #

Of course, the only totally logical illogical extreme to the ruling by the marriage officiant would be a wedding at birth. Naturally, we cannot forget the no sex ruling in this case, as that would just be SICK...unlike this whole situation, but it should be acceptable using the logic for the 1 year old. Why not just have the husband to be deliver the "baby" bride? The smack on the rear end and initial cry can be misconstrued to mean "I DO" and they can start their blissful lives together...literally. It is a great deal for the parents as the cost of raising a child would totally be negated and you would never have to worry if you were a good parent, because basically you never were one.

You can tell her that you honeymooned in Paris, Rome or wherever...because she will never know! Those first baby pictures usually taken at the hospital can sub as wedding pics that she will want to treasure when she can actually open her eyes or communicate verbally. The wrist band with her name on it can actually represent a wedding ring. All the relatives coming over the the hospital could be thought of as a wedding shower or reception.

I cant believe I am coming up with this stuff.

Oh wait, yes I can.

And to think, there is someone that is getting paid to come up with the proper age criteria and this is the fruit of his work. AMAZING

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 26th Jun, 2008 - 8:01am

26th Jun, 2008 - 2:23pm / Post ID: #

I am sure that if illicit sex occurs the nice little toddler will be sure to drive to the local authorities and report it right away. A culture that accepts this as acceptable and normal behavior needs to be wiped from the face of the earth.

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2008 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

If I remember correctly from my brief stay over in that area you can have a marriage contract for a particular girl. Being as young as one was a shock to me. But the child stays with her birth parents till the age her father and husband agreed to for delivery of her to him. At least that is how I understood it. They were married but they still lived with mom and dad. Strange to me but common practice there. I guess it insured that they were marrying a virgin.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Jun, 2008 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #

Saudi Marriage Official 1-year-old Brides Ok

That is would I think also most of the arranged marriages are political in nature as well or paying of debts. Still I am sure some are of different nature.

> TOPIC: Saudi Marriage Official Says 1-year-old Brides Ok

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,