Text RPG Creator Pre-rolled Characters - Page 2 of 2

I thought about doing this to help get players - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 14th Nov, 2018 - 11:55am

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Add Reply Q
Discuss  Text RPG Creator Pre-rolled Characters Pre-Generated PBP RPG Characters to help you start right away. Best of all they should all already be Game Master approved so you can start playing immediately! What do you think?
Post Date: 27th Nov, 2016 - 2:14pm / Post ID: #

Member Author
[?] CPosts: 291
Avg: 1.8 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 47.6%
[+] Gain: 2,457.48 FP
Charm: 25

Text RPG Creator Pre-rolled Characters - Page 2

If this ever started then who would decide if a character is good enough to add to the list of already made characters available for players.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Mar, 2017 - 10:45pm / Post ID: #

Member Member
[?] CPosts: 47
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 3.0%
[+] Gain: 216.59 FP
Charm: 4

Characters Pre-rolled Creator RPG Text

Pre-rolled characters are great time savers but lousy on originality unless you change it up some. Not too fun for your game master if you're playing the same generic figure that the last five people player *wink*.

Post Date: 10th Sep, 2017 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

Premium Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 966
Avg: 0.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 18.2%
[+] Gain: 1,910.35 FP
Charm: 53

Text RPG Creator Pre-rolled Characters Reviews RPG & Card Board

Whatever happened to the pre-rolled characters as an option for character creation is it on the back burner?

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2018 - 1:40pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 36,958
Avg: 8.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,981.50 FP
Charm: 343

Page 2 Characters Pre-rolled Creator RPG Text

For the Text Role-playing Game Creator I feel this is the next feature that is needed. I've noticed that the push button generation does not have the patience to go through Character Creation especially when they are new to the system. Having pre-rolled Characters will help them get into games faster so that they can play right away or adjust just a few things to suit them rather than starting from scratch.

Post Date: 2nd Mar, 2018 - 3:33pm / Post ID: #

Premium Writer
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 30
Avg: 0.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 19.2%
[+] Gain: 2,476.26 FP
Charm: 13

Characters Pre-rolled Creator RPG Text

I actually deeply enjoy creating new characters. If you need someone to help design characters for Dungeons & Dragons 2nd or 5th editions I would be glad to help.

Post Date: 13th Mar, 2018 - 6:34am / Post ID: #

Diamond Chief
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 2,933
Avg: 1.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 50.3%
[+] Gain: 5,072.82 FP
Charm: 25

Text RPG Creator Pre-rolled Characters

Good idea to have characters ready to go. The only downside to this… you lose the connection with your character when you use one that's pre-rolled. You might find the player less committed too.

Post Date: 14th Nov, 2018 - 1:06am / Post ID: #

Premium Graced
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 50
Avg: 3.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 97%
[+] Gain: 316.00 FP
Charm: 8

Page 2 Text RPG Creator Pre-rolled Characters

I mean I've played Dungeons & Dragons campaigns where the Dungeon Master wrote a bunch of pre-made character designs and laid them out for all the people who were invited to the campaign to choose for themselves. I think this method definitely helps to streamline the process of starting a campaign with friends, not everyone wants to spend hours researching the perfect type of character to build.

With that said, I feel that a pre made character takes away one of the fundamental perks of playing these kinds of games. It's one thing if you are playing a video game Role-playing Game like say Final Fantasy. Obviously in that kind of Role-playing Game you are "Role playing" a character that has already been generated for you and he or she has their own interests and logic behind their decisions. But is that the deepest role play can get?

I feel the deepest role play experience is always felt when you are the one who created the character yourself, you understand that characters quirks and personality completely because you are the one who designed him (Or her). When you role play a character you designed you really feel like YOU are that character. And that makes all the difference.

Post Date: 14th Nov, 2018 - 11:55am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 36,958
Avg: 8.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,981.50 FP
Charm: 343

I thought about doing this to help get players into Play By Post games here but I am not servicing the Text Role-playing Game Creator anymore and thus not this either.

I agree, having a pre-rolled Character takes away the connection with and fun in the making of your Character. It also takes away the ability to tell if someone will likely stay in a game or not since it would be so easy for them to 'jump in' it will also be easy for them to 'jump out'.

Post Date: Fri Dec 14, 2018 - 10:38:50 GMT / Post ID: #

History

A pause from Text RPG Creator Prerolled Characters to share wise words from the good old days:
HistoricToday is: 14th December (GMT), in history on the 14th of December, 1995 AD the following death happened:
Rob Harris: Sky surfer, dies while skydiving at 28

Guest please SHARE: "Text RPG Creator Pre-rolled Characters" on:

+  1 2 
Sponsored Links:

Topics like "Text RPG Creator Pre-rolled Characters" may just be one of many, do use the Search to find more
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Text RPG Creator Pre-rolled Characters

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,

Future Terra II

Automated system to Role-play. No worries about Rules, Dice or updating your Character Sheet, they are taken care of for you. Just immerse in pure Role-playing.
Become A Backer!

See More

Highlights

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion: Top  Ruler Kings 2 The Best Text Adventure You Will Ever Play! The official site: RulerOfKings.com By Hunter 1.9 Day(s) Ago Discuss It!
Directly Meeting With Aliens: Discuss  Directly Meeting With Aliens Why haven't we as a collective earth met with aliens yet? By Skeptic 2.8 Days Ago Discuss It!
Is Manipulating Someone An Evil Practice?: Manipulate By Skeptic 2.9 Days Ago Discuss It!
Mouth Wash vs Warm Salt Water: Discuss  Mouth Wash Vs Warm Salt Water Mouthwash - Mouthrinse - Mouth Sores - Healing Infections - Gingivitis By ILoveSMF 2.9 Days Ago Discuss It!
Depression: Best of  Depression Treatment for Depression By News 1 Week Ago Discuss It!
ISIS - ISIL: Discuss  ISIS Ultra radical and violent Islamist group that even rivals Al Qaeda By KNtoran 21st Oct, 2018 - 5:33am Discuss It!
Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?: Homosexual behavior stems from the mind or genetics? By lace 24th Sep, 2018 - 1:30pm Discuss It!
USA Teachers Carrying Guns: Top  USA Teachers Carrying Guns An idea to have teachers who want to carry guns to school undergo some level of police training will be left up to local school districts and police departments. By Swell 21st May, 2018 - 5:16am Discuss It!
Global Climate Change: Top  Global Climate Change World EcoSystem - Biodiversity Changes - Who is on board and who isn By News 7th Apr, 2018 - 11:19am Discuss It!
Difference Between Love & Lust: How do I know if I am in love or in lust? By Paladin 21st Feb, 2018 - 8:41pm Discuss It!
The Media: Can they say anything they want without worrying about the effect? By Abnninja 16th Sep, 2017 - 4:17am Discuss It!