Abuse of the Elderly

Abuse Elderly - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 14th Oct, 2010 - 7:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
  Abuse Elderly Senior Homes Mistreatment
14th Feb, 2003 - 11:38pm / Post ID: #

Abuse of the Elderly

We often think about children or spouce when we hear the word, 'Abuse', but what about the elderly? Since the saying, 'Once a Man Twice a Child' is very true, we have to think that the elderly can be just as easily shoved around as a child could be by an adult. What are your thoughts in the matter?

international QUOTE
EDITORIAL: ABUSED SENIORS DESERVE JUSTICE

It's reprehensible. Millions of older Americans suffer physical, s-xual and
Emotional abuse, financial fraud and exploitation at the hands of financial
Institutions, caregivers and health-care professionals.
Source

Abuse of the Elderly
Abuse of the Elderly (Hover)

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

15th Feb, 2003 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #

Elderly the Abuse

Whoever abuse of an elder person is evil, this applies to children, women or men also. sad.gif I cannot understand how can someone be so bad to the point of abuse someone who cannot defend himself. What a terrible thing!. But like anything else in life one day the abuser will become old and who knows...he/she will pay back in the same way the things they have done...

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 18th Jul, 2003 - 10:21am / Post ID: #

Abuse of the Elderly
A Friend

Abuse of the Elderly History & Civil Business Politics

It is just terrible how some workers and nurses, in nursing homes abuse and neglect the elderly.  Many blame this on the long hours and little pay, but I think that is just a load of crap.  The elderly are in a nursing home, because many they can't do things on their own anymore.  If these people didn't want to work with or take care of the elderly, they should have found another job field.  Would these people actually treat their own parents like that if they were in a nursing home?  I would hope not.  I know the abuse of the elderly happens even outside of a nursing home, but the laws need to be tougher than what they are.  More inspections of nursing home facilities and tough penalties to those facilities that are found in violation.  States need tougher laws to crack down on nursing home workers and people in the community that abuse the elderly.

18th Jul, 2003 - 10:45am / Post ID: #

Elderly the Abuse

international QUOTE
If these people didn't want to work with or take care of the elderly, they should have found another job field.

A lot of them are just there for the money. In Maryland nurses get $30.00 an hour! They still strike and complain, but I have seen them in action, they really work hard, it can get to you. I think the problem is there are not enough males on the job. A lot of these patients are heavy and require moving them and shifting things that may be too much strain on women, having a stong, but gentle guy around may help this.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

18th Jul, 2003 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

Elderly the Abuse

I totally agree with you Mss, more stronger laws and more supervision in the Elderly's home. The long hours and the bad pay is bologna!, why then they don't go to Fried Chicken and chips on KFC?. Nursing is about service and caring after a sick person....more when the person is an Elderly who needs them more than ever.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 9th Aug, 2003 - 11:34pm / Post ID: #

Abuse of the Elderly
A Friend

Abuse of the Elderly

Not all elderly abuse occurs in nursing homes.  Sometimes its actual family members.   Nurses may make ok - but not all make a lot.  However, most nursing home employees are custodial caregivers not professionals and have little skill and training.  Part of the problem is also lack of sufficient staff to provide for all needs.

The problem is where do you find the money to pay to get the right people for this job - or to hire the additional staff necessary to prevent neglect?  Raise taxes...we're already being squeezed to death with taxes.

Another question is what makes people like this (harm the defenseless) to begin with.  That is frightening?  

11th Aug, 2003 - 9:58am / Post ID: #

Abuse the Elderly

[quote] Another question is what makes people like this (harm the defenseless) to begin with.  That is frightening?[/quote]
Just like I said in reply #3, "A lot of them are just there for the money."

Post Date: 14th Oct, 2010 - 7:13pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Abuse the Elderly Politics Business Civil & History

Elderly patients tied down, doped up - report

Aged-care patients are being tied to beds and doped up on anti-psychotic drugs because staff have no time to care for them, a new report says. Ref. Source 5

+  1 2 
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Abuse of the Elderly

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,