Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 138 of 258

Seraphina, both are noted and they are very - Page 138 - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 13th Sep, 2017 - 11:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 258 pgs.  134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142  ...Latest (258) »
Top  Ruler Kings 2 The Best Text Adventure You Will Ever Play! The official site: RulerOfKings.com
Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Related Information to Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion
13th Sep, 2017 - 3:17am / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 138

I'm fine with RoK II having a strong focus on combat in and of itself, it just would consideration of Jonathan what I had in mind is that he would fight others with magic not so much the sword. Essentially the idea of there being many approaches to set combat.

That by the uuse of spells and magic he defeats his foes, either by killing them with such or by forcing them to retreat. Also, perhaps even through that of diplomacy or intimidation and scaring them off.

Now I know JB has had concern of trying to make sure magic doesn't become more powerful than other means of combat and such, though the way I consider it as long as the the methods of acquiring damage output are similar between that of weapon/physical training with that of magical training… welcome then we left up to a player on how they want to go about a challenge.

If both styles of combat deal equivalent damage for the amount of time, effort, and gold needed when it comes to training skills or acquiring items then having both shouldn't be an issue.

Admittedly, I understand fully that I don't understand the complexities of programming or how difficult it is to insert any given idea. More than likely JB has been messing with a few different ideas for this for a concept as I believe I remember him talking about such previously. I'm happy to wait for such, if this can even be worked out.

Thus, for all intents I had to change the direction of how I was building Jonathan just to have it so he could survive battles. I had to increase his Body stat, get better equipment, do training in weapon related skills or endurance skills, and more.

Where originally my focus of stats were that of Mind and Soul, as well magical power with social, artistic, and knowledge related skills. Where Jonathon would be a scholar, mage, and diplomat yet a warrior or master of physical combat.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 13th Sep, 2017 - 3:22am

Sponsored Links:
13th Sep, 2017 - 9:57am / Post ID: #

Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

international QUOTE (Thomaslee)
Now I know JB has had concern of trying to make sure magic doesn't become more powerful than other means of combat and such

I believe some Spells were added since last time you played, however there are others to introduce and some that the Familiar handles for you.

Everyone: like most of the features in this Community it takes lots of time and coding to make these things possible. My income comes solely from online work and I also watch my boys on the spectrum during the day at the same time: a formidable task. While I will like to facilitate everyone's desire I cannot do it without regular Donations. If Players Donate regularly there would be lots more 'Magick' happening here.

13th Sep, 2017 - 3:54pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

I think all the spells are available as far as I know the latest one you added inflame works really well in bad situations. I think its just the familiar actions that need to be updated.

13th Sep, 2017 - 4:33pm / Post ID: #

Page 138 Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

When I added the Piercing Spell (Very powerful) that was the end of spells to be added. It doesn't mean more can't be added but the Piercing Spell is the most powerful of any 'weapon' in the game thus far.

Yes, the Familiar still needs actions enabled. Some Donations will fuel the coding fingers! wink.gif.

13th Sep, 2017 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #

Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

Hmm, it seems after making a donation I'm going to have to start hunting down these new spells. Admittedly there's the possibility of that a few of these spells I won't be able to access quite yet, but I still will go trying to look for them.

13th Sep, 2017 - 7:08pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion

The spells are easy to find they are usually in any place that you can buy or learn about magick. Coincidentally I came across that spell recently but could not add it as I needed some other lesser spells first. I am working on them now so I can have all the power! *evil echoing laughter fades into the distance*

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Sep, 2017 - 10:38pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 138

There are two things I can openly suggest that might help in this game. I'm not saying they have to be done but it will help. Before I say that let me say this is a fantastic game. I like that you can skim or go deep into different parts of the game. I like that I can go to the tavern and from there enter a quest, get a skill or just talk with other characters. I found myself having to take subtle notes about things so I remember what was said because I do pick up some but I might miss others as well. Here is what I suggest, a. A way to make notes on the spot so we don't forget b. Someone that gives us hints more often. I know the advisor is there but she is more personal about our character I would also like someone saying "You should go here to get this… "

13th Sep, 2017 - 11:21pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post - Page 138

Seraphina, both are noted and they are very good ideas especially making notes. Let the Donations start to flow and all these can be made a reality *wink*.

> TOPIC: Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,