Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 17 of 258

Thanks for answering my questions and I am - Page 17 - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 7th Jul, 2016 - 11:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 258 pgs.  13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21  ...Latest (258) »
Top  Ruler Kings 2 The Best Text Adventure You Will Ever Play! The official site: RulerOfKings.com
Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Related Information to Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion
3rd Jul, 2016 - 2:00pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 17

Diarmadhim are you delaying us from our first quest? I hope JB continues with it soon I'm totally looking to see how it plays.

Sponsored Links:
3rd Jul, 2016 - 8:31pm / Post ID: #

Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

Town Hall & Crier

Unique places to visit have been added.

I was planning to add the Town Hall's facilities later when Characters started to go up in level and prestige, however to provide a reason for certain jobs I opened it now.

The Town Crier will soon be the line for in game news and not this Thread. I will continue here for now as everything is new, however once Quests are coming out you will need to visit the Crier. He does not take up as many turns as other places.

Next up…

Town Physician and Town Jail!

5th Jul, 2016 - 12:27am / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

Town Physician and Town Jail

Both of these are now established. The Physician will allow you to heal at a faster rate. The Town Jail is multi-purpose as it allows for Jobs and Skills to be learned. It also has its own practical purpose as Characters can end up in jail (But not right now). All chosen jobs should have a place to be filled now based on your Character's chosen profession.

Next… I am going to work on what will be the final new structure for the Town; the Town Library will enable you to learn about various parts of the ROK II world. After that I will return to Quests.

7th Jul, 2016 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

Page 17 Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

The Town Library

I am making this place multi-purpose so I am spending a little more time on it. Should be ready by tomorrow evening. Since there is also an Archive here I look forward to seeing Players fill it up with what should be the History of ROK II. Players will be able to decide the descriptions for Monsters, Warring Kingdoms and even The Town. Possibly even a reward in gold or no? wink.gif.

7th Jul, 2016 - 1:33pm / Post ID: #

Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

So a few things that confuse me and I'm not certain about:
That initial job you do when first starting, can you do such again? I picked Artist and choose to do more dangerous work, and with a good roll managed to get like 150 gp… yet I can't see an option to do this work again.

It says you can equip items, yet I see not the button or way to do this?

Why the hour wait when sleeping? Seems a bit inconvenient when trying to play when you have not roleplays posts to make elsewhere. Admittingly, I understand this was probably by design, just curious on why.

On jobs that take more then a day, even weeks, how does it deduct the turns? I am especially confused on this as if I want to do this I'm not sure how. I tried taking such a job but it wouldn't let me, though admittingly around half a day had gone by when I tried. Can you save turns?

Lastly, do you currently not allow members to have more then one character for ROK II?

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 7th Jul, 2016 - 1:40pm

Post Date: 7th Jul, 2016 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion
A Friend

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion

I have not been online for some while and just checked ROKII. I have to say I'm very impressed by the game. Right now everything runs smooth for me and my character and I see forward to the quests.
I just took a job as bodyguard and it said it will take around 2000 turns. Right now it says I have to wait about 1 day and 10 hours before I can acess my character again and do something else. Maybe this information can help you, Thomaslee.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Jul, 2016 - 10:17pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 17

international QUOTE (Thomaslee)
That initial job you do when first starting, can you do such again?

That is part of the story and not on the same 'level' as selecting jobs when you get to The Town.

international QUOTE
It says you can equip items, yet I see not the button or way to do this?

Via your Character Sheet.

international QUOTE
Why the hour wait when sleeping?

Some of your questions leads me to believe you are treating ROK II like an arcade game and it is far from it. ROK II is a fantasy medieval Role-playing Game story built by you through your choices. It is extremely important that you play the game like reading a book and not get too wrapped up in pushing the button to make something happen otherwise you will miss the explanations on each page that tells you why these things are happening.

international QUOTE
On jobs that take more then a day, even weeks, how does it deduct the turns?

A calculation of one day = 64 turns as explained in the game.

international QUOTE
... Allow members to have more then one character for ROK II?

No, your Character is tied to your Membership in the Community. The only way you can change your Character is when your Character dies in the story. Your Character wants to be a Ruler of Kings, he wants no one else sharing that with him / her.

Thomaslee, your questions are great because it will now tell me what is missing from here: ROK II Tips.

7th Jul, 2016 - 11:33pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post - Page 17

Thanks for answering my questions and I am glad I could be of help.

On my question of the hour wait, using your analogy of reading a book… would it not be frustrating to try reading a book and after like maybe at most 30 minutes of reading you are forced to put the book down for an hour. Or in the case of certain jobs and skill training, forced wait even longer to continue reading.

It's breaks my immersion and interest in the game to continuously find myself waiting to move forward… but I admit, it is quite possible I am simply seeing the situation differently.
--

Also, equipping and organizing your items counts towards your turns? I went through an entire day it seems trying to get items equipped, as it became night without me doing anything but be in my Character Sheet.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 7th Jul, 2016 - 11:37pm

> TOPIC: Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,