Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 18 of 258

Ah so perhaps all 10s is the default while - Page 18 - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 8th Jul, 2016 - 6:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 258 pgs.  14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22  ...Latest (258) »
Top  Ruler Kings 2 The Best Text Adventure You Will Ever Play! The official site: RulerOfKings.com
Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Related Information to Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion
7th Jul, 2016 - 11:50pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 18

Some have the same perspective as you so you are not alone, however your questions are already explained in the game so I will not repeat it here; instead let's turn the tables and make you the Dungeon Master and coder for awhile.

Now answer me this, how would you propose to stop Players from simply being online and pushing buttons constantly with no delay or restriction on getting gold and Skills? How would that be fair to a Player that cannot be online all the time? How is that fun or strategic if you merely push a button and get work, get Skills, and gold? Answer me those and then I can give further input.

Sponsored Links:
8th Jul, 2016 - 12:01am / Post ID: #

Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

Honestly I don't know, some games don't even make sure considerations like World of Warcraft where even I get frustrated and intimidated with how much more time others can spend online improving their level, skills, and skills where it is impossible to catch up.

I understand what you are saying, and I don't have a good answer. Perhaps have it that players can only solo up to a certain level before then joining others of the same level once it becomes multiplayer. Shrugs, only thing I can think of.

8th Jul, 2016 - 12:18am / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

You have no answer to your question - well that is the answer: turns. Maybe you did not play ROK I, but in that version there were no Skills except building Body and Speed and even when you did it that took a whole day to benefit from it while enable you to do other things - not realistic. How can one train and do other things at the same time?

Other things to consider:

ROK II is not meant to replace other Role-playing Games here. You play some, your Character goes to sleep and then you check the Boards and see what other Characters need updating, by the time you are finished it might just be time for your Character to get up.

If you play ROK II and decide to work or gain a Skill then you choose to do that. You can spend your 64 turns doing something else. That is called "Strategy", which dictates you rather spend efforts making your Character richer and more powerful than simply talking or walking around town - nothing wrong with that, however your Character is merely 16 years old and unlike other Role-playing Games where you start already knowing Skills in ROK II you have a chance to grow into the Skills by choosing what you want to do rather than a handbook telling you what you can or cannot do. This is merely ONE element in the Game of an opening story. At some point your Character will not need "Jobs" anymore. We have not even touched Armies and Exploration or Quests, which is where gold rewards really come from unless you know of a Role-playing Game where Players do menial tasks day after day and that is the climax of the game.

Your focus on the delay is due to the fact that you have no other way to obtain gold yet (Save for direct conversion from FP) and probably squandered what you did earn without devising a plan to work before spending (Also strategy).

Post Date: 8th Jul, 2016 - 3:36am / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion
A Friend

Page 18 Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

Is there a specific ratio on turns for a job compared to gold received and/or chance of success? I tried my Bodyguard job at the start of my holiday (Luckily), just to see how long it would have me sitting out of the game. 36 hours for 35 gold (If successful, so probably 17 if failed) seemed a bit much…

8th Jul, 2016 - 12:50pm / Post ID: #

Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

Town Library & Archives

This new place has been enabled. It is one of the key places in ROK II where you can submit your writings. It is quite extensive and needs to be populated with your input into the ROK II world. This is where you get the chance to change how ROK II is setup for future events.

Besides this, all other jobs for professions not listed elsewhere should be obtained here. Therefore, there is a job for everyone in The Town once you look for it.

This Library represents all that is needed as far as places go in order to fully build up your Character and get knowledge and / or submit input into the growth of The Town.

I should point out that options at each place are not in concrete, they will change over time and each establishment will most likely have their own quest that needs to be completed.

Next Up

I get many requests to see the Character Sheet while sleeping. I am going to work on this now.

international QUOTE (Diarmadhim)
Is there a specific ratio on turns for a job compared to gold received and/or chance of success?

The irony behind this question is in the fact that Characters are being overpaid. A regular guard does not get even 1 gp in a month in a regular table top Role-playing Game. Your potential to get 35 gps is really like winning the lottery but I know, the anxiety that sets in with trying to make your Character a super hero in the shortest time possible makes the time seem like an eternity. That's a good thing and strengthens the game because the opposite will make it boring unless you like games where you get plenty for doing little. Also, if you failed I think you would get just 1 gp.

8th Jul, 2016 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

So a few things I have noticed so far is that my character is too weak of a Body to train in the Body Guild, has too low of a Mind to learn at the Studium Generale, and also a Body too low to to select the Concealed Services of the Thieves Guild. Lastly, he has a Bad Aura and thus is unable to enter the Temple of Solace. Sighs, seems I made plenty of mistakes when creating a character. His only good stat is Soul, which is 14, and even with that he tends to be often unlucky and have a bad roll.

Really, if I could go back and try again I would do a few things differently. Such as instead of buying items and equipment save up to by a house or use this to improve ability in different skills. Honestly, I may even go with a completely different character with more focus on Body and Soul with a Good Aura. Though for this last part I thought I picked an Aura that was more Neutral then Bad. I would also focus on improving combat ability and seek gaining the bodyguard profession.

Actually, even if it was simply a one time deal, allowing the option for a player to try again and start over would be nice. Already I have learned a lot and know how I would do things differently. At the moment though I feel stuck and unsure if I can even make up for my poor strategy starting out.

At the moment I have simply decided to try and save up for a house.
-

Lastly, is there a way of having ranks in the Cook skill translate into having the profession of Cook? That is leaving me a bit confused.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 8th Jul, 2016 - 5:45pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Jul, 2016 - 5:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ruler Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 18

international QUOTE (Thomaslee @ 8-Jul 16, 5:32 PM)
His only good stat is Soul, which is 14, and even with that he tends to be often unlucky and have a bad roll.

Interesting. All of my stats started at a 10. *shrug* Did your stats besides Soul start at lower than 10?

8th Jul, 2016 - 6:17pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post - Page 18

Ah so perhaps all 10s is the default while the choices you make during character creation can change these numbers.

I had to wait until he could wake up, but Jonathon's Character Sheet shows his stats are as follows: Body: 7 (-2), Mind: 9 (-1), Soul: 14 (1)

So yah, from what can be seen default is 10s and choices during character creation can change this… which ironically means Jonathon is actually quite lucky starting out.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 8th Jul, 2016 - 6:17pm

> TOPIC: Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,