Large Update: All these recent changes have taken place:
1. If you have an Abode you no longer will be hungry while in the Town.
2. Your Abode has its own map, room descriptions and occupants. You can access this via your Character Sheet by either clicking the image of your Abode or the button with the same name. The upkeep for your Abode is calculated there.
3. If you marry a Relation from outside the Town then they will move within the Town to live in your Abode. Your children will be raised there as well.
4. Town Guards are busy doing Tax and Debt collection. Sometimes they can be dodged and other times they cannot.
5. Jail time is more real now. While in Jail you will have access to the Exchanger for a limited basis if you need to acquire more Gold while incarcerated.
6. The Players' Manual has been updated to reflect these changes.
What this massive update and other recent prior ugrades does is tie up all lose ends to existing parts of the ROK II system allowing me to fully concentrate on the Armies roll out which will be my only focus now. This was also needed because Armies is dependent on these other parts of ROK II.
Remember, Armies is a high Level Character feature so do not be stuck without when it does start as current Players will have the advantage.
Working on: Armies!
Great work JB. You have me pushing into tougher territory so I can be ready for Armies but now I got killed a second time! Back to the Guilds, time to multi-class!
ROK II Update: The following changes have been made, please take note.
1. New Players will be better guided through the Registration process with automated hints as to their Membership status being shown as they read the Start & Rules section just before making their Character.
2. The Character Sheet 's Settings button has a new option to stop receiving notifications by Email about the loud noises in the Taverns. Each Tavern will also display a notice about how loud the Tavern gets and how you can get some rest at night.
3. The Character Sheet's bottom half, where your option buttons are located, now has a better layout. Each "?" prompt opens to a new window and explains in more detail about that button.
4. You will see a new button called, "Battle Map" which will be active when that is 100% completed. Right now I am at 80% and getting closer.
5. New Players' Manual entries: Character Sheet and Battle Map.
How high a level does our character need to be in order to enter the battle map with an army?
Really, it is assumed that your Character's Level will be high by the time he/she is ready. Essentially, you will need to have gotten your Leadership to X amount, passed Warlord in the Clan and raised enough gold to hire your Armies. More details will be given when I am done.
Small Updates: Just some For your information changes that make playing ROK II a better experience:
1. I have moved all the ads from the bottom, so that will no longer humbug you.
2. On some mobile devices the text layout may not have used the full width of your screen, that has been corrected. Ensure to clear your browser's cache to see the changes.
3. The ROK II Header at the very top of the page changes according to your Aura.
Some Fixes I Need To Make
There are a couple of issues that I will need to address with regards to the dynamics of so many different Character types in ROK II. Here are the main ones that I will address shortly:
A. Characters with a Law Aura will not be able to access the Brothel even if Upgraded because such places are considered disgusting to them. I will therefore need to create another place where some of the things you can gain there will also be available.
B. Special Tasks by Lady Fluke. Even though I have created "Servitude" for newer Players there may come a stage where older Characters may be in a jam with regards to what they can do and the availability of Pretty Pebbles. Therefore, I plan some "Tasks" as a way to cater for that.
We are at 85%, I just need to handle the above two before continuing. I should release those shortly.
Is there a best way to find the people that are willing to hire you based on your profession? The random jobs do not pay much and I do not want to get into a lot of combat yet.
I have now been playing for a couple of days, and just advanced to Level 1. I confess, this game is quite addictive, and I look forward to soon donating to it when I have the money. I am glad Facebook suggested this to me. It is not just fun, but is quite intricate and requires me to think - which I love in such games. Thank you for creating this! I look forward to seeing what the next few days holds for my character. May this place never ever fade!