Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 19 of 258

More Additions! I have added, what - Page 19 - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 10th Jul, 2016 - 6:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 258 pgs.  15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23  ...Latest (258) »
Top  Ruler Kings 2 The Best Text Adventure You Will Ever Play! The official site: RulerOfKings.com
Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Related Information to Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion
8th Jul, 2016 - 7:15pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 19

Thomaslee, as said many times during the story… your choices affect your Character. Therefore, what you chose is what now makes up the characteristics of your Character.

* Right now I am working on enabling Character view while you sleep, however you will not be able to change around anything until you are awake.

* Your next request is to have a suicide / abandon option. While I could create that option it will need to be done in a wrapped up sort of way. In other words you will have to give a story behind what happened to close off the Character Thread that was opened. I will also have to now write code to delete all that was initiated by your Character so that your new Character is truly fresh and not receiving hand me downs from the previous.

* What is the consensus from everyone? Work on these Character issues first or continue with Quest code?

international QUOTE (Thomaslee)
Lastly, is there a way of having ranks in the Cook skill translate into having the profession of Cook?

No, knowing how to cook at home and being a professional chef is too different things - that's my excuse. Really, I could code that in as it would make sense that you might at least be cook level 1 but then you will expect to be able to take the chef's job too. Is it important considering what has been mentioned about these jobs being a 'spring' to tide a young character over until they are ready for Questing? Not worth it coding / time wise unless I was getting lots of donations to push behind it.

Sponsored Links:
8th Jul, 2016 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

Fair points. I would be willing to offer a reason for Jonathon leaving and pursuing less ambitious goals so explaining why he is no longer there/avaliable would be easy enough for me. Then whatever new character created would be starting completely fresh without anything from the one before.

On the extra coding, I am willing to donate at least a little at a time to help out, maybe $20 to $30 dollars at least every two weeks. I can't speak for others, but since it is my questions and feedback leading to such consideration and thought helping how ever I can is fair.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 8th Jul, 2016 - 7:32pm

Post Date: 8th Jul, 2016 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion
A Friend

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

I can understand getting character options finished before the quest. That way everyone starts out on quasi-equal footing biggrin.gif.

8th Jul, 2016 - 11:27pm / Post ID: #

Page 19 Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

Character Sheet Update

I've updated the code on the Character Sheet so that:

A. You can see the Character Sheet anytime regardless of your Character sleeping, training, on a quest, etc.

B. You will not be able to perform ANY changes to your Character Sheet while your Character is in a specific action that involves sleeping, training, on a quest, etc. The idea here is just look it over, not perform actions.

C. When your Character Status is sleeping, training, on a quest, etc. It will indicate this at the top of the Character Sheet in case you forget and try to go from the Character Sheet to the Town, etc.

Next…

Character Abandonment, so you can get rid of your current Character in favor of a new one. This may seem like a simple task but involves a lot more coding than it sounds, so I will be awhile and once again Quests are on hold.

Rather off topic, but...
Now while I code your requests in feel free to invite others to try ROK II or our other Role-playing Games, respond to the Topics, especially the ones that have no Replies or even Donate if you are capable. These things give me 'energy' to continue forward.

9th Jul, 2016 - 11:39pm / Post ID: #

Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

Sighs, it feels like everyday I am left with 5 or 7 turns I don't know what to do with so I usually just have Jonathon turn into rest early.

Also, I admit there are times I feel failure at a job happens far too often. Leaving me to sometimes wonder just how incompetent of a teen characters.

Honestly I didn't remember failing at a job [barely] as often as Jonathon does and I have Aspergers. So [yes], that can be frustrating at times.

Not saying this is something that can or even should be fixed simply venting a bit. [Admittedly] this can allow for some interesting journal entries later on at times I'm sure, coming up with reasons or [scenes] on [how] they succeed or fail at a job, but it is still disappointing when it happens.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 9th Jul, 2016 - 11:54pm

10th Jul, 2016 - 1:34am / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion

Feel what you are saying Thomaslee, I have done the "Hog Hunt" and have failed probably twice as much as I have succeeded, But I look at it as my character growing in his trade. He is new and still learning so there for will probably fail more times then not.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Jul, 2016 - 2:15am / Post ID: #

Ruler Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 19

Character Abandonment

As requested I've coded an option at the bottom of your Character Sheet called, "Abandon Character". When clicked you will be given the option to delete your Character in favor of a new one. It is an elaborate process to hinder abuse. A tip for this has been added to the Tips page.

Job Success Odds

To help new Characters be more successful I've adjusted the odds of success in the Player's favor, however this does not mean that if your rolls are bad it is my fault - its just the way the cookie crumbles. Again, another feature I have pushed from requests.

Perspective

I like Nosaj's take on challenges in the game. Rather than see it as just being a hindrance role-play it out in your mind as to what could be the cause of the misfortune. Again, Jobs is a small feature in ROK II so I would not focus too much on it. Please see the Tips page on Jobs.

10th Jul, 2016 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post - Page 19

More Additions!

I have added, what I believe will put to rest the anxiety over ways to get gold, a couple of new features:

Town Exchequer

Do not confuse this with "Town Exchanger", they are two different things. The Town Exchequer is a Monarchy controlled financing establishment used to give payouts. Read more about the rewards you can receive there!

Character Messages

The Town Crier will keep personal messages for you in addition to general messages for all townsfolk which includes your Character. Check to see what new he has to say.

New Characters

Now have a starting value of 128 turns as everything will be new and there will be so much to explore.

Next…

Well Players, you have no excuses about gold now, spend your time wisely and you will get your Character to where you want him / her to be.

I am definitely off to work on Quests now, no more requests until that is done, however please do keep reporting bugs.

> TOPIC: Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,