Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 200 of 258

I’m with Wizard. It sounds like a slicker - Page 200 - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 27th Nov, 2018 - 8:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 258 pgs.  196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204  ...Latest (258) »
Top  Ruler Kings 2 The Best Text Adventure You Will Ever Play! The official site: RulerOfKings.com
Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Related Information to Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion
25th Nov, 2018 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 200

As I get a chance and a free mind I am working on:

1. A new structure in the Town

2. Starting a Character integrated Play By Post game which will interact directly with your Character Sheet.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Nov, 2018 - 5:42pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion
A Friend

Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

Hm interesting.

I’m looking forward to seeing what comes from this.

Great game JB - really great game.

26th Nov, 2018 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

Wondering if that new structure has anything to do with that "Deity" button on my character sheet *wink*.

27th Nov, 2018 - 9:32am / Post ID: #

Page 200 Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

No, its not the Deity feature but that is something I have to work on in the future - not just yet. Even so, the new structure is now available and after lots of testing is working as it should. *crosses fingers for bugs*.

My next task will now be an experiment but I also need to start a Discussion about it here. Basically, I want to start a Play By Post game based on a simple Scenario. It will have a connection to your Character Sheet to both read and update it. Now, in times past Players would make rolls and then wait on the Dungeon Master to tell them the outcome but what I am thinking is the roll is made instantly so the Player role-plays based on already knowing the outcome rather than the other way around. This will lead to a quicker paced game.

27th Nov, 2018 - 11:56am / Post ID: #

Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

Groups I used to be part of like to say their actions and then roll to see if it is a success so having it done opposite is new for me.

27th Nov, 2018 - 5:41pm / Post ID: #

Yes, that is the way it is done here too but I often find that leads to additional Posts and waiting time. For instance:

1. I will do X and roll - 1 Post
2. Wait for Dungeon Master verifying and roll result
3. Based on failure / success make next Post
4. Dungeon Master Continues game.

Whereas with what I am proposing:

1. I will do X using Y Skill (Result shown instantly) and knowing this you adjust X based on the result.
2. Dungeon Master Continues to update game.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Nov, 2018 - 6:38pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 200

I will have to play test that to see how it works before I can say if that will be a better system or not.

Post Date: 27th Nov, 2018 - 8:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ruler Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post - Page 200

I’m with Wizard.

It sounds like a slicker system but I guess it feels a bit odd having to judge the impact of your success or failure I.e:

*I try to jump the chasm
* System generates a failure
* At this point do I either fall down the chasm or have I managed to grab a ledge (And does the Dungeon Master agree)?

I’m definitely interested in seeing it in action though.

Reconcile Edited: Strellers on 27th Nov, 2018 - 8:47pm

> TOPIC: Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,