I mean, I spent about a day playing the game, and as you can see by the posts did a number of quests and read through a fair bit of interactive content. I did not complain about the death (Indeed I've already resurrected and 'moved on') - but I did offer feedback, most of which was on presentation and interface. If the advice in that post is 'read carefully and follow what your advisor says' - and a [New person] says 'Hey! By the way, some of the things the advisor says seem to be unclear or to not match up with the interface - I think that's pretty fair criticism. The advisor gives you a list of things to do (And, in fact, specifically points you to certain places in the game to do quests to gain experience) - and not all of those turn out to be accurate or to line up with each other.
JB seems busy as he hasn't addressed my question yet either so let me chime in to see if I can help you Secretfire.
Wizard is kinda right, you sound a lot like point #5 on that same link he gave you. Some things you need to figure out and others is unique to the way you play so making criticism is more about how you played than the game itself but not everyone understands that concept specially new players *wink*
Anyway, let me get to your points,
1. Where did you get that from? You can learn skills that do not require a level.
2. Can't say there are different advisors and they are just that advisors - not ever knowing gods.
3. If you think so
4. You do realize you can get more turns at anytime and if you don't know how its becaue you aren't reading the game
5. From the first time you enter the Town you can read the manual. JB has stated before that part of the manual is when you begin the game.
6. Er… you seems to want everything done fast and there is even a way to do that too but I'm not telling you. You need to learn strategy through the content.
Yes, he does sound just like point 5! And looks like he is no longer a member either. Probably going to try and create a new account to play again or didn't like being called out. I thought he came across as very anxious and easily frustrated… weird.
After taking the time to answer all of that he just leaves… now that is frustrating. Maybe he just wanted us to give him the cheat codes. *laugh*.
Hunter, good question, however you won't know that until you enter. Therefore, use the opportunity now if you do not want to risk it.
Also, thanks for answering the questions of that Player, you were on target. He/she seemed annoyed by the registration process so a game like ROK II would frustrate - its not for everyone.
We rest Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion to share philosophy from the journals of some good thinker:
Today is: 18th July (GMT), in history on the 18th of July, 1992 AD the following event happened:
Film critic Roger Ebert marries Chaz Hammel-Smith