Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 25 of 258

Thanks JB for the additions, they are appreciated! - Page 25 - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 4th Aug, 2016 - 12:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 258 pgs.  21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29  ...Latest (258) »
Top  Ruler Kings 2 The Best Text Adventure You Will Ever Play! The official site: RulerOfKings.com
Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Related Information to Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion
2nd Aug, 2016 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 25

international QUOTE (Txtrpg @ 2-Aug 16, 4:44 AM)
I think some way of recovering HP during a battle is a must!

I second this!

I think would be I must as well, as the issue last time I played in The Labyrinth wasn't that the rat dogs and bat swarms were too strong for my character but simply that he was slowly worn down over time. Each time he fought a bst swarm he lost hit points, so it was only a matter of time before he died.

Potions or something to heal even a little bit of hit points I believe is important if we want anybody's character to survival quests that take longer to complete. Especially longer than expected, as The Labyrinth did take much longer the second time around then it had originally.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 2nd Aug, 2016 - 6:56pm

Sponsored Links:
2nd Aug, 2016 - 9:23pm / Post ID: #

Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

Although, Llafair is near completion and the wagon drivers are already in waiting I will pause to introduce this in combat, however I found the drinking of potions during combat to be a tabletop flaw.

It is not realistic to be engaged in combat with the enemy and yet have the time to take out a healing potion, remove the stopper, gulp it down while your enemy awaits your resumption to battle.

To make this realistic it can only be done if you win initiative and if you don't you lose the chance to take a swig.

Maybe I should have the option outside of Combat and during a Quest too, however I will do that part later as introducing it to Combat will require a good portion of coding.

2nd Aug, 2016 - 9:27pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

Because I can actually understand your concerns of drinking a potion during combat, I personally be perfectly happy for such to only apply between battles during a Quest. Yet I can understand why you'd want to do the coding for drinking potions during combat first.

3rd Aug, 2016 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

Page 25 Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

Use Healing Elixirs

You can now use them during battles IF you win initiative.

You will be able to use them in Lady Fluke's labyrinth while exploring.

I will add the option to Stefan's Quest shortly.

3rd Aug, 2016 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

Thanks JB, I appreciate it! biggrin.gif
-

Okay more and more I'm starting to think that the penalty for training in a skill past the number of turns you have for the rest of the day is… Overly harsh. Let's take a skill that takes 15 turns to train a half rank, which is about the fifth of a day if you make sure to eat.

Yet if you go over the number of turns you have left available, you have to wait like an hour and 40 minutes which is the equivalent of a little over two days plus then needing to sleep adding more of a wait. Which means for even just slightly going over a few turns you are forced to lose three days worth of turns.

Am I the only one seeing the issue?

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 3rd Aug, 2016 - 8:56pm

3rd Aug, 2016 - 10:32pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion

Using Elixirs

Has now been activated for certain parts of Stefan's quest as well as combat.

Reduced Time Wait For Over Training

While I know the reason it is like this (I cannot say or I will be giving ideas) I have reduced it so that the extra turns taken up during training has a multiplier more in-sync with the rest of game time.

Back to Llafair!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Aug, 2016 - 11:40am / Post ID: #

Ruler Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 25

Great additions although I don't have the gold to buy any of it *laugh*. I'm surprised to be in third place while not playing as strategically as I should be. Maybe if I focus I can aim for second, sorry Thomaslee.

4th Aug, 2016 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post - Page 25

Thanks JB for the additions, they are appreciated!

To Wizard, you can try. I have been focusing a fair bit of time, attention, and money in playing Rulers of Kings II. When I am able I try to take a turn on the hour by the hour, trying to squeeze as much as I can into playing the game as much as possible.

Also, seems I will need six more days and five hours before I can purchase a healing potion. After that I will try The Labyrinth, and if I am able keep taking the quest as much as I can until the next one is ready… All while hopefully not seeing Jonathon die again… Nevermind, Jonathon has gained too much experience to go through the Labyrinth again. I guess I need to wait until the next quest becomes available.
---------

Guess who just moved up to first place? biggrin.gif.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 5th Aug, 2016 - 10:11am

> TOPIC: Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,