Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 49 of 258

I'm probably not in that stage of - Page 49 - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 21st Oct, 2016 - 2:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 258 pgs.  45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53  ...Latest (258) »
Top  Ruler Kings 2 The Best Text Adventure You Will Ever Play! The official site: RulerOfKings.com
Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Related Information to Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion
Post Date: 20th Oct, 2016 - 1:45am / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion
A Friend

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 49

I think it may be low statistics. I'm not sure if there is a bonus for BODY, but I started with a negative. Bats killed me. Bats. I probably should have built a character with more strength. No worries, I'll just keep saving until I've got enough FP and skills to prevent another week of inactivity.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Oct, 2016 - 11:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

As a tip from somebody who has gotten a little further.

If you do not have a high body score, you can still do pretty well with maxed reflexes and a decent armor.

Reflexes mean you hit first. (It works like initiative in other games). If you can hit first and hard enough then most often your opponent will die quickly. This you can add with maxing out the weapon you want to fight with. This adds to the attack roll and the damage of that weapon mitigating the effects of a bad body score. Use lady fluke's PP to get your body to a point where it is no longer a negative. Especially if Body is not your main attribute and you do not wish to waste Level points on it.

Decent armor you can only get when you work your butt of for it. I started my campaign by spending a lot of time on "Jobs" as well as writing content for the game. We did not have assignments then so there was not the added bonus of those payouts.

This game takes patience just like anything in real life. You are not a going to be a rock start by level 3. Even at level 7 I am having a tough time on the patrols. I am nowhere near being a ruler of anything seeing as I still stay in my little abode.

Be patient and play smart. Do not become reckless as some people might suggest*Tongue-in-cheek* that only gets you killed… over and over again!

Reconcile Edited: belial on 20th Oct, 2016 - 11:25am

20th Oct, 2016 - 11:34am / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

ROK II Updates

* There was a bug that stopped players from getting the Triplication Spell, that has been fixed.

* While on a Quest you will now be checked to see if you have rations and a tent. If you have those then you won't suffer the hunger / homeless penalty. Additionally, your HP heal may increase.

* If you have a special ring then that will also be considered.

Feedback

I will like to get more feedback on the videos we've uploaded. There are Threads for each of them.

Crowdfunding

As you can see, we've started a Indiegogo Campaign. Please help us pass the word around or become a Backer. Your support helps and counts!

Post Date: 20th Oct, 2016 - 4:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 49 Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

Thanks, Belial, I think that advise will be helpful to a lot of people. It may be tempting to purchase the base level armor and a cheap weapon like I did and go looking for trouble. Perhaps saving for an initial abode would be recommended, since a large portion of one's career might be spent gathering gold for equipment. I'm currently mulling over the items I may need in my backpack while I save for skill training. Closer every day.

Post Date: 21st Oct, 2016 - 10:30am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

Hi JB, I need to query something.

When I do patrols, there are these horse archers. I see in those combats I lose the advantage of all my armor and I only maintain my "Body" stat. Although I understand a drop in armor, what is the use of investing money in the best gear, if it does nothing to protect me in combat? This means that I am at the same disadvantage as the person who wears no armor. Surely armor counts for something?

Again, I understand that you are an easier target when combating someone else, but we need to remember that hand to hand combat is not a stationary thing. You keep moving around as well making you a harder target to hit. Which brings me to the second issue. There is no actual roll for the horse archers. They automatically get a 20 each and every time. This means that without my armor (Which is covering my entire body) does nothing to protect me and they ALWAYS hit. The damage they do is small, but it's the amount of times they come out that is the issue.

I do not mind a challenge, but I am a bigger fan of realism. There is no way to attack or counter attack these archers even with magic or ranged weapons. This makes them virtually indestructible creatures who will always hit and eventually kill you if they attack you enough times.

I would have thought that my character would have learned his lesson by now and try and kill them first instead of the foot soldiers who do not worry me all that much.
Nivarum, it is always a pleasure to pass on some hard learned lessons. Besides, if I do not help others, they will not rise and then it will only be two of us actually going to war with each other… which is boring… as we can make an alliance and dominate everyone else*Tongue-in-cheek*

Reconcile Edited: belial on 21st Oct, 2016 - 10:30am

21st Oct, 2016 - 1:15pm / Post ID: #

Ha! Sounds like someone is moaning even after being in 2nd position. Maybe you need to walk with some elixirs.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Oct, 2016 - 1:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ruler Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 49

Hunter, I do walk around with them, but arrogance and stupidity makes me not use them. That though is a discussion all on its own.

I am not saying I want it easy, but after you have spent a crap load of gold to get myself to where I am all for it to be totally useless in a fight seems slightly odd. In that case just chuck in a mighty dragon against whom I will stand no chance. That makes sense. However, the way it is being fought now does not make logical sense…

I am all for a challenge and I do not mind doing my fair share of dying if it means I will learn to use that damned health potion.

Where is Kntoran to come to my aid, unless he is more sensible than I am and does not mind spending gold on health elixirs, but you will see Hunter, it becomes tricky, and expensive.

HP potion gives 1d8 health. A horse archer can do between 3-18 damage per fight. I usually face 3-4 such attacks per patrol. That is 9-72 damage per patrol. That means you need at least 3 potions to mitigate this especially if your Body stat is not maxed out.

But if this is the way it is, then I will learn from my mistakes. I just feel bad for those who need to catch up… smile.gif.

21st Oct, 2016 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post - Page 49

I'm probably not in that stage of the game yet as I have never encountered archers on horseback. Now you're starting to scare me.

> TOPIC: Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,