Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 68 of 258

Why is it always the top level guys that are - Page 68 - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 5th Jan, 2017 - 3:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 258 pgs.  64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72  ...Latest (258) »
Top  Ruler Kings 2 The Best Text Adventure You Will Ever Play! The official site: RulerOfKings.com
Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Related Information to Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion
5th Jan, 2017 - 1:23pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 68

I'm part of that level 4 group but I hope to correct that soon on my way to level 5 but I need to be careful. I've had too many accidents and cannot afford anymore.

Sponsored Links:
5th Jan, 2017 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #

Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

Hmm, I guess then it would make sense you're a little confused on why I seem to be complaining. With Jonathan currently in 2nd place and at 9th level, you probably already feel that he's doing extremely well.

Honestly, in many ways he is. Battles, as long as I pay attention his HP and try to be careful, have actually for the last two levels been going generally well. In most situations Jonathon is able to take out an opponent in a single hit, the majority of the time also beating their initiative.

More notably, he's also the highest-ranking not only for the number of skills but the number of skill ranks. If you want to find a character who's likely to be able to get something done, having the skill and mastery to do so, Jonathon is very much one another could turn too.

A few notable disadvantages, is that he has a "Bad aura" and at least in some places isn't really considered a good person or at least perhaps one that gets into trouble. This prevents him from going into at least one particular place as well as in receiving certain assignments. Because of the deaths, or "Near deaths" perhaps more appropriately, he has had I'm now more than ever learning the disadvantages that come with such. Even though the option has been made available to resurrect one's character.
-

Still, if you are able to at all understand my thought process, I have actually stripping my hair to be as well-rounded as possible though I did have very much the preference for him to be far less a "Combater" or fighter than he is now.

More, instead of using a blade or other weapon in combat I thought that I have in the Ruler of Kings II the opportunity they instead have his focus be on that of magic. My thought even that I'd be able to use that in combat instead of having to use a sword.

Again, I had the initial desire of wanting his focus to be that of the Soul, being lucky and other such things. Yet now it seemed that Jonathan will have to learn the hard lesson that luck is fickle and the fates uncaring. More and more it seems Jonathon has had to learn the rigors of battle, that he cannot rely on his charm, wit, or magic as much as originally thought.

Sighs, more and more in small ways I’m having to learn that I can’t have the original concept of the character I had in mind originally for Jonathan.

Admittedly, if I were honest, I have considered that by making mention of the few details of the game not matching up here JB might consider ways of having it work while keeping it fair and balanced for everyone else. Yet perhaps this might is simply a case where I should just be glad with what there is in the game. Adapt and work with what there is, not worry about or frustrate myself with what isn't.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 5th Jan, 2017 - 2:05pm

5th Jan, 2017 - 2:03pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

That's a whole load of analysis. If you want to be ruler or a wizard then its two different things, you'll need to decide but I feel you're just over thinking things.

5th Jan, 2017 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

Page 68 Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

More bard than a wizard, but perhaps I could ask this question. Why can't I have a character which is both? That is my consideration on your words, needing to choice between being one or the other.

What is there about being a ruler that one focused on magic, knowledge, and skills cannot accomplish? Why must a king or ruler, in a fantasy setting, be some great warrior or fighter in heavy armour clashing his weapon against that of his opponent?

Given my thought process, a certain mental condition, over-analyzing is a very likely and fair consideration.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 5th Jan, 2017 - 2:15pm

Post Date: 5th Jan, 2017 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion
A Friend

Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

Just my two cents on your choice as a bard/wizard.

If you have ever played any role playing characters then you know that bards are very difficult to solo play. In other words they have to be part of a party.

Low level wizards are also very difficult to play as they are soft.

That being said, I understand your frustration. On the one side you want to get out there and do things, but on the other side we have to be patient. Firstly, the world does not always move as quickly as you would want, especially when using charm and manipulation..
Secondly, the gaming system still has a long way to go. One day you will be able to manipulate your way to the top.

Currently I am taking it very easy and trying to see in what way it goes… that and I have an aversion dying too much.

The one point I do tend to agree on is that we with bad auras seem to have the worst of it. Almost as if we are being punished for being more bad than good… It is okay, one day you can have your revenge and burn The Town to the ground for the injustices that they made you suffer smile.gif.

5th Jan, 2017 - 2:52pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion

When it comes to auras, the one thing that really frustrates me is the fact that as of yet there is no way that has been provided for such to be changed.

Let's say for a second that our characters are bad… what if they want to become good? When it comes to one's morals, as of yet there's no way for one to change it and through such go from "Bad" to "Good". People change, their beliefs and outlook mature or shift, and through such I feel so should their aura.

More, as I offered as a suggestion eariler in the thread, wouldn't the Temple of Solace wish to convert others and help change their ways? To be turned away, when one has no intention of bringing trouble or evil, simply for having a bad aura when instead those at the temple could take in and teach them feels counter-intuitive.

I would be more than happy to roleplay Jonathan taking on a new outlook on life and becoming a better person. Sure I might still wish to keep focus on him being a very charming fellow, skilled in reading others and perhaps "Nudging" or convincing them into going whatever the direction he wishes… But such could be used for good purposes, not simply for selfish reasons or those that harm others.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 5th Jan, 2017 - 2:58pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Jan, 2017 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 68

I think that's being a bit unfair. From what I can gather (I'm not totally there yet) you do have the choice of fully using magic with the introduction of spells and the familiar both of which are magical. You also have an expansion of being more than one again with the familiar and now a horse that can fight too. I'm actually impressed by the amount of stuff one person can create and with little by way of support. I also never thought a text Role-playing Game could contain so many options I mean there is so much flexibility here other than 'go left' or 'go right'.

5th Jan, 2017 - 3:26pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post - Page 68

Why is it always the top level guys that are always complaining the most? They can get in first position so they take it out on the game. *laugh* Maybe you should ask what Kntoran is doing.

> TOPIC: Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,