Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 86 of 258

Magnuss, I'm the coder of the game. - Page 86 - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 1st Feb, 2017 - 8:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 258 pgs.  82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90  ...Latest (258) »
Top  Ruler Kings 2 The Best Text Adventure You Will Ever Play! The official site: RulerOfKings.com
Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Related Information to Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion
Post Date: 31st Jan, 2017 - 9:48pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion
A Friend

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 86

Hi! I play Ruler of Kings. My question is about turns. How do I get more turns? They're going down slowly right now, but I love this game and want to keep playing. Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links:
31st Jan, 2017 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #

Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

international QUOTE (Wizard)
One question, since it will be a requirement do we get a gold reward like the archives?

You will get a Leadership Adjustment bonus. This is explained when you get the Event Submission page.

international QUOTE (Stacia)
... As well as how often

For now it will ask around once a week. Once there are many submissions that will be required less.

international QUOTE (Belsante)
My question is about turns. How do I get more turns?

If you are Sleeping or Training you will be given an option to increase it. You can also go to the Character Sheet and use the "Charges" option there. I suggest you read the ROK II Player Manual.

1st Feb, 2017 - 5:58pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

Nice one JB now you have me thinking about what I can come up with for an event. Do you have a preference as far as which one you need more events for? I mean like for the Town, Llafair or exploring.

1st Feb, 2017 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

Page 86 Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

You can do it for the one you feel the most comfortable about at the moment, however I do want to build up the Town as it is the place most Players visit.

Post Date: 1st Feb, 2017 - 6:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussion General RPG Text Kings Ruler

Hello. A few questions. Is there a place where I can post my character's stories? Sure, my main thread is great, but the game doesn't let me post the mundane parts of daily life that I'm interested in. Thanks. Also, how do I work on assignments?

1st Feb, 2017 - 7:08pm / Post ID: #

international QUOTE (Belsante)
Hello. A few questions. Is there a place where I can post my character's stories?

Yes it does through your Journal, Advisor messages, chatting in the Taverns and in special Quests. You do not update your Thread outside of the game.

If you are looking to start a solo Role-playing Game Blog to carry on a story then you can bring that up in your Intro Thread and I will help you there once you explain the kind and type.

international QUOTE
Also, how do I work on assignments?

Please ensure you look at the Player Manual: ROK II: Helpful Tips which has that and other things you should know about the game.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Feb, 2017 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ruler Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion - Page 86

So I played this game and here is what I think. Please understand that I am being honest here, and I'm writing this because I want the game to be better. I do not wish to offend anyone. Keep in mind that I never coded a game before. So, here we go.

1. When I started, I died pretty fast. I learned about FP's and saw an error with it. Say you're level 10, and you die. If reviving costs 21 FP's per level you will need to A, post a hole bunch of posts, or B, donate, which I am not going to do because donating to the game in my eyes means I want to support and make it better, not revive myself so I could be killed a couple of hours later. So this leaves me with posting which, granted, I can do. But I need to post more and more the higher I go until all I do is posting.
I can see a couple of solutions here.
1. Fix FP's to a certain number per revive.
2. Make FP's only donators Currency. You might ask how the reviving will work after that? Simple. If a player dies, he/she will get revived at 12 AM server time. Or they can serve the reaper for some time, or… I can go on for a long time. But you get my point? That is the biggest complaint from me. I love role-playing, I really do. But it makes it harder for me when I'm forced into posting so I could continue doing it. Still here? Alright. Onto the next part.

2. Lacking much? Ok. What do I mean by that? When I started, I thought: "Cool! Time for a trip back in time!" I was wrong… I didn't connect with the age in which ROK was set in. Why? Before I answer, let me ask you a question: What do you imagine when you here a word tavern? I imagine a loud room, filled with people. Some drink, some play card games, some play dice, some eat, some Wrestle, etc. ROK lacks a lot of it. You can only talk to barkeep, learn some skills which I'll cover in a moment, talk to the other players and order something. I know I've mentioned a lot, so it will take time to code, but not knowing if it will be put in or not, that's the impression I got. Same with Library, why can't I go and talk/mess/annoy other Npc's there? Even if they tell me to shut up and leave them alone because they are trying to read, I would enjoy it a lot. That could potentially unlock a possibility for a quest or two. I could go over a lot of buildings in this way, but I think I got my point across.

3. Let's go on a shopping spree! I have no problems with the shopping system besides buying multiple of the item. Perhaps you can put a text field next to each item so we could input how much we want to buy.
4. Working is hard. Learning to work, even harder. Say you have 300000 turns and you want to work this job till they're up. I think you should have A text field next to it, just like shopping.
5. A Question. Where do you buy potions for healing, and how can you use them on your adventure.
6. Thank you for reading this post. I await your reply.

1st Feb, 2017 - 8:40pm / Post ID: #

Ruler Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post - Page 86

Magnuss, I'm the coder of the game. You bring up some good points and some will be noted for future development.

international QUOTE (Magnuss)
When I started, I died pretty fast.

Unfortunate, however there is lots already covered in the game / manuals in answer to your questions and while I understand what you are saying I believe there is one major problem with your general synopsis, and its not unique to you.

Many get into Ruler of Kings II like its an urgent arcade competition where you must get through it as fast as possible to get to a high level. ROK II is about a novel you create in a time period that is consistent with the actions you take. Therefore, if you died many times its because you did not read anything laid out before you but just rushed from screen to screen and fight to fight hoping to get through it fast. The mere fact that you are asking how to get potions is a big statement that you really have not accessed all parts of the game. You should of had an Advisor which would have told you 'how not to die'.

The other points you make about being able to use hundreds of turns to buy up all the skills you need means you want to fast forward the game making your character a super hero in a few seconds of real time - you've missed what ROK II is about for sure. I agree that for technicalities I could code in to boost how many levels you learn but how do you justify the person teaching you?

Maybe others will help you with some of your questions, but if you are really interested in the game please have a read through this Thread to learn about it, read the Player's Manual to understand what it takes, etc.

> TOPIC: Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,