Admitting When You're Wrong

Admitting You' Re Wrong - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 14th Mar, 2008 - 3:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
14th Aug, 2007 - 5:28am / Post ID: #

I've enjoyed visiting this site.

I read peoples' views, ideas, idiosyncasies.

You know, every written idea is valuable. It's like being a shout at your fave sports team game.

You can say, "Yay!"

You and your friend can say, "Yay, yay!"

You and your friend and a hundred other people can say, "Roar!"

Sometimes, I answer, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I clap, and sometimes I roar.

Sometimes I comment.

And sometimes, I have to apologise about my comments. JB has caught me a blinder on a few ocassion.... pffft to you!

Still, I've heard it said that the better man is the man who can stand down.

.!

Sponsored Links:
14th Aug, 2007 - 11:20am / Post ID: #

Wrong Youre Admitting

I am not sure about this Post, is it a review, feedback or really about Philosophy? Admitting when you are wrong is manly and admirable, but seldom found in today's world.

Rather off topic, but...
Philosopher, I have the feeling a Blog would be apt for you to rant about your feelings. Let me know in your Intro Thread if you want me to open one for you.

14th Aug, 2007 - 11:32am / Post ID: #

Admitting When You're Wrong Health & Special Psychology

For me, admitting when you are wrong is a sign of humility. I know people they never wrong even when caught in the most *wrong* of the situations and there is no doubt they have been wrong, they always come up with a "BUT". For me, this is huge sign of pride.

Post Date: 14th Aug, 2007 - 11:54am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Wrong Youre Admitting

I agree that admission of one's errors is a sign of humility. I am not sure that it is "manly" in anyway.

Post Date: 13th Mar, 2008 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Wrong Youre Admitting

I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

I do not know who first said that but it has meaning. IF you can admit that you were wrong then you can be forgiven. IF you can not admit you were wrong then how can you be forgiven? It does not mean your a better man or a better woman if you can admit your wrong it just means that your human and you made a mistake. It is those who feel they have done no wrong and have nothing to apologize for who are inhuman and need to weeded out of the gene pool in my opinion.

13th Mar, 2008 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

QUOTE (KNtoran)
IF you can not admit you were wrong then how can you be forgiven?

I do not think forgiveness has anything to do with taking responsibility for your wrongs. Of course it may help in receiving forgiveness from those you have offended / hurt, but there are many who forgive despite a 'wrong and strong' attitude shown by the aggressor.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Mar, 2008 - 8:51am / Post ID: #

Admitting You're Wrong

For me, it depends on if it is a argument or a discussion. An argument is tantamount to war, so if your admitting you were wrong was a giving up or a surrender, then it will ring wet with humility. If you merely acquiesce and draw a truce, then you may be looked upon as the bigger person. Kinda depends on how childish it got during the argument. For a discussion (this happens in engineering a bit), if you find you are wrong and just admit it, the result is basically null. You likely wont be eating a big helping of humble pie. If you are forced in the discussion to admit you were wrong, you will appear as a idiot and be humbled. I usually just admit I was wrong, state that it surprises me that it turned out that way and then use this new knowledge to allow me not to make the same mistake again.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 14th Mar, 2008 - 8:53am

Post Date: 14th Mar, 2008 - 3:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Admitting You're Wrong Psychology Special & Health

Interesting points there. I guess I am one who when I am wrong will admit it. IF it was a fight or a argument I would want to be forgiven for the nasty things I had said.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Admitting When You're Wrong

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,