Wrongful Conviction

Wrongful Conviction - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 14th Mar, 2016 - 2:00am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Innocent people sent to prison. Serving time in prison for a crime you did not commit.
Post Date: 11th Oct, 2014 - 11:09am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Wrongful Conviction

A Wrongful Conviction Robbed William Lopez of His Freedom, and Then His Life:

William Lopez spent more than 23 years in New York prisons for a crime he didn't commit. He was finally released in 2013. But then a different nightmare began. Ref. Source 2.

Sponsored Links:
20th Nov, 2014 - 8:02am / Post ID: #

Conviction Wrongful

This is where the justice system fails miserably. It is debatable if its better to let a guilty man go free than put an innocent man in prison but if a man has his life taken away for something he didn't do how does the state replace that? The fact is they can't and its a crime in itself!

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 11 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.1%

Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2014 - 2:09am / Post ID: #

Wrongful Conviction History & Civil Business Politics

'I cried every night for 17 years'

SUSAN Mellen was jailed of the 1997 murder of a homeless man. But she didn't do it. Now declared innocent, but broke, the government owes her big. Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2016 - 12:13am / Post ID: #

Conviction Wrongful

Making the other murderers

STEVEN Avery's case has millions around the world shaking their heads in disbelief at his treatment. He's not alone - these cases will make your blood boil. Ref. Source 1n.

22nd Feb, 2016 - 6:12pm / Post ID: #

Conviction Wrongful

DNA Frees Colorado Man Convicted of Murder
Original Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2008 - 2:36pm

I am glad to hear another innocent person is freed after spending so many years in prison. Hopefully the DNA testing will be available for all those who are believed to be innocent and they have been wrongly convicted.

international QUOTE
FORT COLLINS, Colo. (AP) - Smiling and soft-spoken, Timothy Masters walked out of court a free man for the first time in nearly a decade Tuesday, his murder conviction wiped out by DNA evidence that points to another suspect. Masters, 36, was ordered freed on a personal recognizance bond by Larimer County District Judge Joseph Weatherby. Prosecutors promised to decide quickly whether to try him again. Masters had been sentenced to life in prison in 1999 in the killing of a 37-year-old woman whose body was found near his home, but new tests announced last week showed that someone else's DNA was found on her clothing. Applause broke out in the courtroom as the hearing ended. Masters showed little emotion, but he hugged members of his defense team and later thanked his family and friends. ``Without their support, I don't know if I could have made it through this,'' he said. ``I love this suit and tie,'' he added, looking down at the jacket and khaki pants he wore instead of orange prison clothes. ``My attorneys bought all this for me out of their own pockets.'' Asked what he would do next, he said: ``I want to go see my family.'' Source 2b

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 9 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.9%

22nd Feb, 2016 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

Wrongful Conviction

You can argue if our justice system really delivers justice if there are many innocent people locked up for crimes they didn't commit.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 18 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.8%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Mar, 2016 - 2:00am / Post ID: #

Wrongful Conviction

Judge frees 2 men wrongly jailed 30 years
Original Post Date: 17th Sep, 2010 - 2:07pm

You know when you read things like that, you imagine yourself in such situation and you wonder how would you feel like. It is amazing to me that in most cases they are not bitter about it, I know I would!

international QUOTE
HATTIESBURG, Miss. — A judge on Thursday freed two men who spent three decades in prison before DNA evidence showed they didn't rape a woman and cut her throat in a grisly 1979 attack. A crowded courtroom erupted in applause after Forrest County Circuit Judge Robert Helfrich's ruled to set aside the men's guilty pleas, ending what some described as a 30-year ordeal for the imprisoned men. Helfrich said the case was marked by a series of tragic events — from the violent attack on the woman to the years the men spent in prison for a crime they didn't commit. "The common thread in this case is tragedy," Helfrich said. Helfrich ruled on a petition filed by the Innocence Project on behalf of Bobby Ray Dixon and Phillip Bivens. He'll rule later on a posthumous petition for Larry Ruffin, who died in prison in 2002. The three men were convicted in the 1979 rape and murder of Eva Gail Patterson, whose 4-year-old son watched her be killed. Dixon, who has lung cancer and a brain tumor, received a medical release from prison last month. He and Bivens were both in court.... Source 7t

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 9 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.9%

> TOPIC: Wrongful Conviction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,