Free Speech Not Guaranteed On Public Web Sites - Page 2 of 6

Websites clamp down on nasty comments Mix - Page 2 - Public Member Blogs - Posted: 27th Dec, 2013 - 8:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Discuss  Free Speech Guaranteed On Public Web Sites Can we simply say whatever we want anywhere we want online? Are there laws that govern online 'speech' or do we merely say what we want and be free of the consequences. What is your view?
Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2010 - 1:49am / Post ID: #

Free Speech Not Guaranteed On Public Web Sites
A Friend

Free Speech Not Guaranteed On Public Web Sites - Page 2

The way I understand this is that the USA Constitution says those of us who are USA citizens have free speech. Since the Internet is a world wide web and anyone anywhere can read or write things it is not guaranteed by the USA constitution. Therefore one should reason that they do not and should not expect to have the freedom of speech on the internet.

Sponsored Links:
22nd Jul, 2010 - 10:48pm / Post ID: #

Sites Web Public Guaranteed Speech Free

I know somebody who was taken off facebook for putting a daily bible quote on.

Considering some of the foul language that goes on facebook, I think that it's terrible for facebook to restrict somebody's freedom of speech, whilst allowing other things that certainly offend most people to continue unchecked.

Post Date: 22nd Jul, 2010 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Free Speech Not Guaranteed On Public Web Sites Blogs Member Public

I have seen a lot of places that I no longer visit because of the language. I choose to find places that do not have a lot of foul or obscene language.

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2010 - 4:14am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 2 Sites Web Public Guaranteed Speech Free

ACLU Report: Spying on Free Speech Nearly At Cold War Level:

Political spying is nearly as bad now as it was during the Cold War. The ACLU reports that Americans are harrassed and under surveillance for exercising their First Amendment rights. Ref. Source 5

20th Apr, 2013 - 11:09pm / Post ID: #

Sites Web Public Guaranteed Speech Free

One thing I feel needs to be done is hold media corporations responsible for what they send to all their subscribers. I've gotten wild fire rumors only to learn later it was false. Their such a rush to be first with something new that they're willing to tweet, email and blog something even if its not like verified. Sometimes they'll say something like 'an anonymous source', I mean that could mean anyone - something just made up.

29th Apr, 2013 - 11:24pm / Post ID: #

Problem is how do you police the entire internet for everything everyone says? Its not like a newspaper or political party that can be focused on because views online can be published anytime all the time.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Jul, 2013 - 11:19am / Post ID: #

Free Speech Guaranteed Public Web Sites - Page 2

Teenagers face up to 20 years in jail over Facebook, other online comments

Within the past year, at least three teenagers have landed themselves in jail because of online comments. Ref. Source 6

Post Date: 27th Dec, 2013 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

Free Speech Guaranteed Public Web Sites Public Member Blogs - Page 2

Websites clamp down on nasty comments

Mix blatant bigotry with poor spelling. Add a dash of ALL CAPS. Top it off with a violent threat. And there you have it: A recipe for the worst of online comments, scourge of the Internet. Ref. Source 8

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Free Speech Not Guaranteed On Public Web Sites

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,