Posting Text From A Word Document

Posting Text Word Document - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 30th Apr, 2016 - 5:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Top  Posting Text Word Document Rich Text Format RTF to BBCode
26th Apr, 2016 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

Posting Text From Word Document

Periodically, I will get a user who writes their text in Word for Windows and then tries to Post it here with varying results. A few months ago someone wanted to run a Role-playing Game using Word as the base for all their writings but when they Posted the copied Word text it was horrendous to look at because the words covered only half the page, the spacing was doubled or went to the next line unexpectedly among other formatting issues. I worked on a parsing code that got rid of that and formatted the text properly.

Recently, another issue popped up where copying from Word using its own special Windows characters caused the text to be erased when saving in a UTF-8 charset. I've corrected that today by adding in those extra characters.

For instance: " will now be just a plain ".

How Transfer Bold and Italics To BBCode Automatically

Some of you take the time to style your text with bold and italics within your Word document and will like to see it kept when you transfer it here. While I could add code for that I rather not simply because it means keeping third party software up to date for a facility used by a few, however there is an online converter that does it.

1. Go to: AnyToBB
2. Post your text in the box and click the "Convert" button
3. After conversion you should notice added BBCode in the text however do check it over (See more on that below)
4. Copy and paste the text here

Pros and Cons

While its nice to keep your formatting the converter above might have unexpected results. I recommend keeping your Word document in one text size and not indiscriminately click the bold button when styling as the converter picks it up even if you did not intend for a certain part of your document to appear in bold.

Posting Text From A Word Document (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
27th Apr, 2016 - 4:19am / Post ID: #

Document Word From Text Posting

More MS Word Characters Added To The Fix

Just when I thought I had this project completed another User using Word for their Posts encountered difficulty to Post. Thus, I decided to enter 222 characters to parse from Word. Hopefully this will end the Word conversion problems.

30th Apr, 2016 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #

Posting Text From A Word Document Feedback & FAQ News Community

I wouldn't have thought that something as simple as posting a word document to here would have been such an issue. I always use notepad to do all that I need to do.

> TOPIC: Posting Text From A Word Document

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,