April Fool's Day

April Fool' S Day - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 15th Jan, 2006 - 4:52am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Post Date: 1st Apr, 2005 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

April Fool's Day

Have you been caught on April Fool's Day? Do tell us about it. Also, if you were the prankster then tell us what you have been up to.

History

Unlike most of the other nonfoolish holidays, the history of April Fool's Day, sometimes called All Fool's Day, is not totally clear. There really wasn't a "first April Fool's Day" that can be pinpointed on the calendar. Some believe it sort of evolved simultaneously in several cultures at the same time, from celebrations involving the first day of spring.

The closest point in time that can be identified as the beginning of this tradition was in 1582, in France. Prior to that year, the new year was celebrated for eight days, beginning on March 25. The celebration culminated on April 1.
Ref. https://wilstar.com/holidays/aprilfool.htm

Alternative History

Ref. https://www.infoplease.com/spot/aprilfools1.html

Sponsored Links:
1st Apr, 2005 - 7:06pm / Post ID: #

Day Fools April

I love April fools! My brother (four years old) is so gullible. I kept on telling him today lie after lie, that dinosaurs will pop out of the walls, that our house is made out of chocolate, and he kept on believing me even after each time I told him it was April fool's. Well, four year olds aren't that hard to fool, and neither is my mother. I, though, when April fool's comes, have it constantly in my mind, and doubt everything that is said or done by others.

Reconcile Edited: Smudge on 1st Apr, 2005 - 7:08pm

16th Apr, 2005 - 6:29am / Post ID: #

April Fool's Day Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

international QUOTE
My brother (Four years old) is so gullible. I kept on telling him today lie after lie, that dinosaurs will pop out of the walls, that our house is made out of chocolate, and he kept on believing me even after each time I told him it was April fool's.

laugh.gif You are evil! Of course he'll believe you he's 4!

Anyway, speaking of April Fool's, my roomates played a really elaborate prank on me. My friend/roomate Robby is friends with one of the "Resident advisors" Of the apartment building where I live. (Note: the RA's also have the right to request things from the security guards. Generally the security guards will do them favors, especially if they are friends.)

So then, after I get back from a long 8 hours of class on april first, experiencing each of my instructors' dumb April Fools jokes, like the "April Fools Pizza Party but Actually Assign the Class a 6 Page Report!" (Yeah, we lynched that professor.) I finally got to my apartment after the long 2 mile walk (Which gets really old I might add). Needless to say, I was exhausted and in rather low spirits, when I found that the key to my door didn't work. Perplexed, I went down to the security desk and informed the person on duty that my key wasn't working. I got the reply-

"Oh yes, you'll need to head over to building 10 to get a new key. We just adjusted all of the 9th floor locks because we're remodeling it after this semester." (A likely story)

So I trek on over to building 10 and call in at the door to see about getting a new key. They let me in and I am promptly handcuffed by a security guard who tells me I'm under the arrest for the murder of "Elizabeth Langor" (Who just happens to be one of my instructors). Naturally I'm a bit shocked and confused, but I don't ask questions (Remembering my right to remain silent). The security guard leads me to a back room.

There I find my friends Robby, Mike, Devon, and the Ex-Resident advisor John laughing hysterically at me. Of course I had a pretty good laugh. At first I was a bit angry since I'd been through so much crap that day, but that brightened my mood quite a bit. (Especially the generously handed-out Pizzas that the RA's intended for that night's activity room.)

So that's my april fool's story. Nothing spectacular, but I certainly wasn't expecting my friends to go to such trouble. We all had a good laugh. Them especially (Considering the look on my face when the guard led me in).

Post Date: 16th Apr, 2005 - 8:42am / Post ID: #

April Fool's Day
A Friend

Day Fools April

This years april fools day was the greatest for me! I set up this elaborate problem that supposedly caused an outage due to two of my co workers actions! Everyone but the two where in on it! They freaked out so bad and where so worried! It was excellent, we are still laughing about it at work!

16th Apr, 2005 - 11:22am / Post ID: #

Day Fools April

Konquererz you are evil and so was Smudge. Zeuts got the results of an elaborately sinister prank and my plot - was also mildly wicked. Basically I went to the Cafeteria and ranted on about my disappointment in the Mods for their actions with a certain user that is no longer here - everyone fell for it save for Malexander.

16th Apr, 2005 - 1:48pm / Post ID: #

April Fool's Day

I am not imaginative enough to play a good prank on anyone for April Fool's. Every year JB manages to come up with something creative and every year I fall for it.

Zeuts you must have some really awesome friends. I laughed my butt off (well that might be wishful thinkg), when I read what they did to you! They also must really like you to play such a prank.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Jan, 2006 - 12:36am / Post ID: #

April Fool's Day

I wonder if everyone will be prepared prior to this April Fool's Day 2006? As for the French, in this it seems they are experts:

international QUOTE
"Ah, the French. They've given us great literature, fine wine "¦ and April Fools' Day. Anthoropologist say April Fools' Day is a French tradition, dating back to the 16th century, putting it alongside berets, bidets and croissants, as a French cultural contribution.

The implications of this reckless behavior is clear: If anyone's ever hung a "Kick Me" sign on your posterior or spiked your sugar bowl with salt, Paris is ultimately responsible - and it's time America responds.

If lawmakers deem it worthy to rechristen "French" named food in their cafeteria, taking on the French for lame April Fools' Day jokes is even more reasonable.'
Ref. From ABCNews Wolf Files

Post Date: 15th Jan, 2006 - 4:52am / Post ID: #

April Fool's Day
A Friend

April Fool's Day Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

I for one am planning an elaborate April Fools Joke for my boss this year. Though he will not be my boss anymore, I am going to get with his wife and plan an elaborate situation that takes him all over the city looking for something that isn't there! We have been talking about it for a couple months, it is going to be great!

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: April Fool's Day

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,