Are Freddie And Fannie Insolvent?

Are Freddie Fannie Insolvent - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 18th Jul, 2008 - 8:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »
Post Date: 11th Jul, 2008 - 5:49am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Are Freddie and Fannie Insolvent?

Financial news outlet CNBC was reporting early Thursday that Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae, the two corporations around which much of housing recovery has been structured, may be technically insolvent. The claim came from William Poole, former president of the St. Louis Federal Reserve. Poole told Bloomberg News that Congress should recognize that the two are technically insolvent and the odds are that the U.S. may have to bail them out. Others disagreed, saying that there would have to be sudden losses of $40 billion between the two to trigger insolvency.
Ref. https://www.mortgagenewsdaily.com/7102008_F..._Insolvency.asp

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Jul, 2008 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Insolvent Fannie Freddie Are

With these two entities being in trouble the whole mortgage industry is in deep trouble. These two together I think are responsible for around $5 Billion in guaranteed loans. I hope that they do not go under as that will spiral us down into a new depression.

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2008 - 2:35am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Are Freddie And Fannie Insolvent? History & Civil Business Politics

Rescuing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac

Bush administration will ask Congress for authority to prop up Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the Treasury announces.
Ref. CNN

14th Jul, 2008 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

I hope that the funding is found as it is a true economical emergency for the real estate now. Something has t be done to stop the plunge.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2008 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I hope that the government does something to help Fannie and Freddie out. I think if we can keep them from collapsing then we have a good shot on getting some of this downfall to slow down.

18th Jul, 2008 - 5:33am / Post ID: #

It sounds like they are going to help some, at least for now.

In a separate announcement, the Federal Reserve said it would make one of its short-term lending programs available to Fannie and Freddie 'to promote the availability of home mortgage credit during a period of stress in financial markets."
https://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/busines...-fannie_freddie

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Jul, 2008 - 1:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Are Freddie Fannie Insolvent

I am glad that they have done something to help Frannie and Freddie. I believe this will help lessen the blow to the mortgage industry.

18th Jul, 2008 - 8:34pm / Post ID: #

Are Freddie Fannie Insolvent Politics Business Civil & History

I wonder what the big picture is going to be. Will this be a temporary patch with worse to come down the road or have we had a wake-up call to get things turned around? Something needs to be done different, that is for sure.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Are Freddie And Fannie Insolvent?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,