Computers Understand Human Languages

Computers Understand Human Languages - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 24th Jun, 2016 - 10:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 7th May, 2016 - 11:03am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Computers Understand Human Languages

Teaching computers to understand human languages

A set of algorithms has been developed that will help teach computers to process and understand human languages. The algorithms will enable a computer to act in much the same way as a human would when encountered with an unknown word. When the computer encounters a word it doesn't recognize or understand, the algorithms mean it will look up the word in a dictionary (Such as the WordNet), and tries to guess what other words should appear with this unknown word in the text. Ref. Source 6y.

Sponsored Links:
10th May, 2016 - 8:32am / Post ID: #

Languages Human Understand Computers

If they are able to perfect it then that could mean a whole new level of translation solutions that brings us closer to the Star Trek's version of the translator. Others can get rid of the Word grammar checker in favor of something better.

10th May, 2016 - 2:48pm / Post ID: #

Computers Understand Human Languages Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Developing an algorithm to parse human language is not easy, and even trying to have it look up any unknown words in a dictionary can be problematic. Unless it has access to many different 'dictionaries', most programs will fail, as slang is quite pervasive in speech and writing. I have seen huge strides made by large translation softwares, but I think they are still far from being able to successfully parse human language in any kind of 'natural' or usual context. I hope this technology develops soon, as I love exploring the nuances of languages. But loan words, slang, and an ever-evolving vocabulary make this a very difficult and tricky problem.

10th Jun, 2016 - 7:26pm / Post ID: #

Comprehension of what must happen is difficult if there are no exact statements. That's the main problem with human language for computers, it can be interpreted so many ways.

24th Jun, 2016 - 10:14am / Post ID: #

Everyone pronounces their words differently and then there is speed and tone which make a lot of difference in speech. If they can perfect something like proper communication then that could mean the beginning of a real relationship between man and machine.

> TOPIC: Computers Understand Human Languages

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,