Rifts Role-playing Game By Savage Worlds

Rifts Role-playing Game Savage Worlds - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 25th Jun, 2016 - 12:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

05th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian

+  1 2 
Post Date: 8th May, 2016 - 3:25am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Savage Worlds has tackled the Megaverse of Palladium RIFTS.

international QUOTE (Rifts Project)
Savage Rifts® brings the incredibly popular world of Palladium Books' Rifts® to the award-winning Savage Worlds system by Pinnacle Entertainment Group. The gates of the Megaverse® bring infinite challenge and adventure to a war-torn world struggling to build its future.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th May, 2016 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Worlds Savage Game Role-playing Rifts

What does RIFTS bring to the Role Playing community?

RIFTS combines fantasy, horror, and science fiction into enormous bundle known as the Megaverse. In the Post-Apocalyptic world that is Earth in the future, one can come across sentient beings in dogs, dragons, and apes. Alien and foreign species poor forth from tears in the fabric of reality known as rifts.

Would you like to join the battle in a suit of power armor? Are synthetic enhancements your thing? Want to rip an opponent apart with massive magical powers? All this can be found in RIFTS.

So why the need for a face lift and a remake? My personal opinion, it is the game mechanics and not the story material. Character Generation for RIFTS could take an entire day. And a combat round could last just as long.

Savage Worlds is a simple system with a caveat, again my own opinion. The system is fairly linear with players being of 5 ranks and all attributes and skills reflecting that specific rank.

Attributes and skills are represented by one of five polyhedral dice (D4, d6, d8, d10, or d12). When you roll a check, the rank tells you what you roll. It is far easier than compiling percentiles and percentages and then rolling a d100 to determine success.

The Savage Worlds caveat or caveats I should say come in 1) the Wild Die and 2) the Exploding Dice.

Almost every die roll by a player includes the Wild Die as well. If the die roll of the Wild Die is higher than the other die or dice it was rolled with, you can use the Wild Die number in place of one of those dice.

Exploding Dice! An exploding die is what a max roll on a die is called. Roll a 4 on a d4, that die roll exploded. What this means is that the die is rolled again with the following result being added to the previous result. As long the die maxes out on each subsequent roll, you keep adding and rerolling.NOTE for Play By Post boards like these, this could be a real long combat waiting for a player to log and roll and wait another 31 minutes for the result.NOTE

11th May, 2016 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #

Rifts Role-playing Game By Savage Worlds Reviews RPG & Card Board

As a fan of fiction I am sold! I always wanted to have my own power armour and battling demons or corporeal entities to save my people. Are you considering making a Play By Post campaign? And if yes, I have to buy some specific book(S)?

Post Date: 12th May, 2016 - 12:40am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Morfeas -Yes there will be a Play by Post RIFTS by Savage Worlds game coming to a forum near you.

Only two books I recommend for you as a player.

Savage Worlds Deluxe Explorer's Edition available in either PDF or softcover. [..]

Second is the Player's Guide for RIFTS by Savage Worlds, The Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide available in both PDF and softcover. (This is currently in [..] and has not been published yet.).

Post Date: 25th May, 2016 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I am just relaying some facts and not pushing any advertising or products.

Savage Worlds opened it's [..] project for RIFTS by Savage Worlds anticipating that within 30 days they could generate 8000 US dollars.

RIFTS by Savage Worlds was fully funded in the first few minutes of the project going live [..]. By Friday of last week (20 May) the project hand been backed by 4 thousand backers and had 440,000 US dollars pledged to it.

The reason I bring this up. [..] Stretch Goals are being added to the final Player's Guide, Game Master's Guide, and for a simpler explanation Monster Manual. The PDF delivery is delayed until sometime in July with the print versions still being available by November, both this year.

I will be checking interest here soon the game however will probably not start until August 2016. Thanks for your understanding.

Post Date: 24th Jun, 2016 - 12:43am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The PDF for Savage Rifts: The Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide was just released yesterday. 4K plus people trying to download it created quite a bottle neck.

Reviews across many media and forums is very positive and even long time RIFTS players are raving about how well this conversion has been done.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Jun, 2016 - 1:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Rifts Role-playing Game Savage Worlds

From the Savage RIFTS: The Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide

international QUOTE
YOU ARE THE TOMORROW LEGION
In Savage Rifts®, players take the roles of characters who have joined the Tomorrow Legion and share its cause. The Tomorrow Legion gives your character context for who they are and what they do in the world of Rifts Earth. This is the default setting assumption for the Savage
Rifts® line of books.

25th Jun, 2016 - 12:26pm / Post ID: #

Rifts Role-playing Game Savage Worlds Board Card & RPG Reviews

How is different to cyberpunk or other systems like Warhammer that already have a ruleset in place with this theme?

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Rifts Role-playing Game By Savage Worlds

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,