Ditto's 'Mon 3.5e Questions & Support

- Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 22nd Apr, 2016 - 3:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Mon RPG Both Players and prospective Players can get help to play this RPG within this Thread.
Create / Edit Character Dice Dice Maps RPG Etiquette RPG Etiquette SRD GM Stats
20th Apr, 2016 - 11:31pm / Post ID: #

And The GM says...

This thread is for all questions and support for the 3.5e 'Mon game. All questions will be answered and addressed here. Anyone is allowed to ask any question about the game, including non currently participating players.

Sponsored Links:
21st Apr, 2016 - 12:05am / Post ID: #
Parahi Fissonn

Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet

Support and Questions Mon Dittos

And The Librarian says...

We will address our Mons with their official names or with something else? Obviously it would be easier to use the first option. Also, how the capture balls be used? We start with some, we can create some, we can buy/where etc. So, every animal in Dungeons & Dragons 3.5E is replaced with Mons, so that means that we can find cat mons inside towns, dog mons protecting houses, etc?

I will have a character ready till the end of the weekend.

21st Apr, 2016 - 2:07am / Post ID: #

Ditto's 'Mon 3.5e Questions & Support Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

And The GM says...

Go ahead and add 10 capture balls to your starting pouch when you create a character. Now, Specifically speaking, we're not allowed to use any of the 'Mons real names or items. So simply referring to them by what they are (Ex. The Electric Mouse 'Mon)or by describing to what the 'Mon is will be the only thing we can do to avoid copyright.
If it makes it easier, giving your 'Mon it's own personal nickname after describing what it looks like will help everyone in the long run.
Now, the "Capture balls" are the same as in game, you simply say "Geoth throws a capture ball at the unknown 'Mon, in hopes to capture it" and you roll 1d100. If that number matches the capture rate of the 'Mon, then you successfully captured it. There is an external chart that I use to determine the capture rate of All 'Mon.

Example
The capture rate for the Aqua Mouse 'Mon is 25%, so if the D100 you rolled is 1-25, you succeeded.

There are ways to make your capture rate even better, weakening a 'Mon will increase it's capture rate greatly. And giving it a weakening modifier will also help in capturing it.

Reconcile Edited: Ditto on 21st Apr, 2016 - 2:08am

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2016 - 2:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support and Questions e Mon Dittos

Using the 3.5e rules to create a trainer? Any adjustments to the system I should be aware of before starting character creation?

So the 'Mon starts at level 5 and our character is level 1?

Reconcile Edited: Malcolmshaw on 21st Apr, 2016 - 3:14pm

21st Apr, 2016 - 3:44pm / Post ID: #

Support and Questions Mon Dittos

And The GM says...

Yes, the 3.5e character creator will do just fine. Skills and stats will be the same as classic Dungeons & Dragons and will give the same advantages over people and 'Mon as they usually would.
And yes, your 'Mon will start at level 5 and your player will start at level 1. But please note, 'Mon gain experience and grow much faster that Players.

21st Apr, 2016 - 9:50pm / Post ID: #
Parahi Fissonn

Character
Novice / Confused
Character Sheet

And The Librarian says...

I am between a monk and a druid. If I choose druid, do I get a second Mon or not? As druid has a companion pet in his class. Also, can we use other classes from the complete 3.5E or only the core book?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st Apr, 2016 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

And The GM says...

To make the game simple, only use classes from the core book. And if you choose a druid you can only have one 'Mon to start with to keep it balanced with the others.

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2016 - 3:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ditto's 'Mon 3.5e Questions & Support Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews

I am going with a Bard to see if I can do more charming and less fighting them into submission.

> TOPIC: Ditto's 'Mon 3.5e Questions & Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,