International Discussions Thesaurus

International Discussions Thesaurus - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 13th Sep, 2017 - 11:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Best of  International Discussions Thesaurus
14th May, 2016 - 1:08pm / Post ID: #

If you write like me, then writing can be laborious if you find yourself stopping to think about the 'right' word to use in your project. Sometimes, I will write a paragraph with the the use of repetitive key words far too often instead of looking for a better or similar word. When I do pull out a program that finds synonyms I find the offerings too simple - I need something more. Therefore, I am working on a project that will allow Members to have a very versatile Thesaurus option as they Post that is capable of showing synonyms, parts of speech, etc.

To show you how versatile our Thesaurus will be check this example looking up the word "medication";

international QUOTE
1. Balm
2. Balsam
3. Curative measures
4. Cure
5. Drops
6. Drug
7. Electuary
8. Elixir
9. Ethical drug
10. First aid
11. Generic name
12. Healing arts
13. Herbs
14. Hospitalization
15. Inhalant
16. Lincture
17. Linctus
18. Materia medica
19. Medical care
20. Medical treatment
21. Medicament
22. Medicamentation
23. Medicinal
24. Medicinal herbs
25. Medicine
26. Medicines
27. Mixture
28. Nonprescription drug
29. Officinal
30. Patent medicine
31. Pharmacon
32. Physic
33. Powder
34. Preparation
35. Prescription drug
36. Proprietary
37. Proprietary medicine
38. Proprietary name
39. Psychotherapy
40. Regime
41. Regimen
42. Simples
43. Syrup
44. Therapeusis
45. Therapeutics
46. Theraputant
47. Therapy
48. Tisane
49. Treatment
50. Vegetable remedies

As you can see the results give you more than one word options and each of these words can also be searched further. Having this feature available as you Post cuts down time and helps you to make your writing more colorful.

International Discussions Thesaurus (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
14th May, 2016 - 3:18pm / Post ID: #

Thesaurus Discussions International

That's definitely something I can use to improve what I write here. My choice of words is limited if its left up to me with no help. wink.gif.

16th May, 2016 - 9:54am / Post ID: #

International Discussions Thesaurus UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Thesaurus Enabled

When you click "Add Reply" (Not the Fast Reply) you will have the option of the Thesaurus (See attached) which, in its present state, gives many raw synonyms. Basically, you enter one word and then it displays words you can use in a linked format. You need only click on that word to have it appear in your Post thus eliminating the need to copy and paste.

More features for this Thesaurus will come later.

International Discussions Thesaurus (Hover)

16th May, 2016 - 1:37pm / Post ID: #

That is quite an undertaking JB, I appreciate having a good thesaurus on hand, but I have gotten into the habit of typing up my really long posts in a word editor and just using that thesaurus. I will have to give this thesaurus a try. Keep up the great work!

22nd May, 2016 - 11:18am / Post ID: #

I like it, was just in a situation where my brain wasn't functioning well so I decided to give it a try and it found the word I was looking for right from the start.

13th Sep, 2017 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

I do not know if Dungeon Masters / Game Masters are using this tool but it is an excellent feature that allows you to select similar words or variants of words so you are not sounding the same when you tell your story.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Sep, 2017 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

JB,

I never used this tool here. I actually would search online. I just tried it and it is quite powerful (Beefy, commanding, dominant, forceful, impressive, potent, and a heck of a lot more!). Thanks for pointing this out.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 14th Sep, 2017 - 12:14am

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2017 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

International Discussions Thesaurus Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

I look at it at times here and there when I want to look smart *smile* I do enjoy it.

> TOPIC: International Discussions Thesaurus

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,