Forum Smilies & Emoticons

Forum Smilies Emoticons - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 11th Apr, 2017 - 5:33pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 9 41 77 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

Forum Smilies Forum Smilies Forum Smilies
Post Date: 15th May, 2016 - 6:47pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 36,672
Avg: 8.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,293.46 FP
Charm: 329

Forum Smilies & Emoticons refers to those images you see in posts that look like a small face with a smile. Some of them might be mini-animations meant to replace what you cannot say properly with words. For instance, if someone does not want to come across as being overbearing or harsh then they might add a smiling Emoticon to represent that.

In the past, "Smilies" and "Emoticons" were a big deal and for some external sites they still are a main attraction, but for a site like this where constructive writing is the primary goal Forum Smilies & Emoticons just get in the way. At present, only ONE Smiliey / Emoticon is allowed per Post.

While we have a fairly large selection now we will be narrowing that down soon to just a few with the core ones being the most readily available.

Post Date: 16th May, 2016 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

Member Seasoned
[?] CPosts: 368
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 2.7%
[+] Gain: 262.24 FP
Charm: 2

Emoticons and Smilies Forum

The only kind of smiliey I use is the wink one and that's rare. All the other smilies can be highly irritating. I hate when they are jumping around the text its like something a preschooler would use.

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2016 - 1:20pm / Post ID: #

Premium+ Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 1,720
Avg: 1.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 29.8%
[+] Gain: 2,886.76 FP
Charm: 44

Forum Smilies & Emoticons Feedback & FAQ News Community

I don't really use the emoticons as much as I used to anymore, it's not my style that I would use in my posts as it doesn't really express anything that I intended in the first place.

Post Date: 5th Sep, 2016 - 2:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

:ninja:

Just trying out this whole forum thing, and found smileys. Still new to the forum parts of this site.

ADDED: Found out the hard way that one emote is more than enough.

Post Date: 27th Sep, 2016 - 5:01pm / Post ID: #

Member Author
[?] CPosts: 290
Avg: 2.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 61.1%
[+] Gain: 2,486.95 FP
Charm: 25

When I first got on the internet I would use emoticons after each sentence. After awhile they lost the coolness factor and became irritating when I would see a email or text message loaded with them to the point I could not understand the original message. Now I don't use them at all so won't miss it when gone.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

I had started to weed these out for awhile now substituting the emoticon with a word version such as *smile* but people still try to find ways around it much to my irritation.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Premium + Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 807
Avg: 6.9 Post(s) / Day
[+] Gain: 250.09 FP
Charm: 126

I'm fine with them being limited to once per post. They can be overused but I feel that there is a place for it. Written communications has limitations opposed to verbal. You could say the same thing both verbally and in written form and it would most likely be interpreted differently. In verbal form they have a tone to pick up and can decipher whether you are joking or angry etc. Written form lends itself to easy misunderstandings. A post could come off as sounding angry when that isn't the intention. Emoticons help to clear that up.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 11th Apr, 2017 - 5:25pm

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Sure, I know some need them for that purpose, however a few people who join (Mostly new Members) who are accustomed with using one after every sentence (Blurb) on other sites will try to do the same thing here by being very creative. You don't see it because we edit it or delete their silly messages.

Guest please SHARE: "Forum Smilies & Emoticons" on:

Sponsored Links:

OPTIONS FOR DISCUSSION: About, How, When, Where, Why of Forum Smilies & Emoticons
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Forum Smilies & Emoticons

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits

Latest Topics

Key: Background for Upgraded Members
Updated every 5 minutes See More

Latest Member Intro

Newest Members

Updated every: 31 minutes

Highlights

Global Warming: Natural Or Man-made?: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By News 2.1 Days Ago
Russia vs USA: Will there be a World War over the expansion of Russia? By Opinion 3.9 Days Ago
Donald Trump: Can you see him as the next President of one of the most powerful countries in the world, the United States of America? By News 1 Week Ago
The Trump Immigration Wall: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Pagan 1st Jan, 2018 - 3:45am
UFOs & Nukes: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By KNtoran 30th Dec, 2017 - 4:01pm
Donald Trump & Muslims: Can Trump stop Islamist without aggrevating the Middle East? By Stem 7th Dec, 2017 - 10:51am
Men In Uniform - Authorized Excessive Violence: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By KNtoran 1st Dec, 2017 - 11:30pm
Atheists Not To Be Feared!: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Gknightbc 18th Nov, 2017 - 5:34pm
A Science Fiction Continue The Story RPG: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By LitRPG 16th Nov, 2017 - 12:42pm
Wide Screen Columns: Now your screen is not as empty as before. What are your thoughts about this new feature in the Community? By JB 14th Oct, 2017 - 12:32am
Offensive Trademarks: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 20th Jun, 2017 - 4:16pm
The 9.11 Conspiracy: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 22nd Mar, 2017 - 10:48pm

Updated every: 14 minutes