Stop-loss

Stop-loss - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 15th Jul, 2008 - 12:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

USA Backdoor Draft
Post Date: 12th Jul, 2008 - 8:56pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Stop-loss

Stop-Loss: A Look at the US Military Policy that Creates a "Backdoor Draft" to Force Soldiers to Continue Service

With about 175,000 troops deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan wars, the US military has been forced to rely on a controversial policy known as "stop-loss" to force soldiers to continue serving after their voluntary stints had ended. We speak with two US soldiers: one on active duty in Iraq on his second tour of duty after being stop-lossed, the other facing redeployment after being stop-lossed. We also speak with Hollywood director Kimberly Peirce about her feature film, Stop-Loss.
Ref. https://www.democracynow.org/2008/7/11/stop...s_a_look_at_the

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Jul, 2008 - 12:30pm / Post ID: #

Stop-loss
A Friend

Stop-loss

The military tried this tatic with me back in 91. You can fight it and win if you know what your doing. Best thing is to talk to a JAG officer about it. If you have served more than 8 years you can get out of it,. If you have less than 8 years service you are stuck. When you first sign up you are signing up for 8 years of commitment. It is in the contract. That is how I got out. I had served over 9 years. My commitment was up.

> TOPIC: Stop-loss

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,