Diarmadhim the General

Diarmadhim General - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 20th Jul, 2016 - 6:41am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Closed
ROK II Character 12
Post Date: 22nd May, 2016 - 4:43am / Post ID: #

Diarmadhim the General
A Friend

Diarmadhim the General

The man before you, Diarmadhim, stands 6'1 tall with a muscular build. While he is not loud, his presence is always felt within a room. The way he carries himself is dignified, noble, and assured. His black hair is well kept in a simple and short in a military manner. His eyes are a piercing marbled blue and grey. A slight tan alludes to the fact that he attends to both scholarly and worldly pursuits. Diarmadhim is bound and determined to realize his mother's aspirations for him. In preparing to do so, he has trained hard to properly hone his mind, body, and soul. Having fought in several battles and earning the trust and respect of those under him, he has been given the moniker The General.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Jul, 2016 - 6:31am / Post ID: #

Diarmadhim the General
A Friend

General Diarmadhim

Reflections on your mother

Reflections on my mother…

My mother is a loving and nurturing woman. That being said, she is by no means a pushover. When angered or disappointed, her eyes speak volumes even when her mouth remains still. One thing is certain, she believes in me even more than I did in my younger years. She KNEW, without a shadow of a doubt, that I would one day rise up to claim the title Ruler of Kings. When I received my title "The General," she was there beaming. It is her opinion that the best of rulers must also be wise generals with the trust, respect, and adoration of their men; as well as a small measure of fear in not wanting to disappoint them. I am inclined to agree.

My how I miss her. I should visit her again soon. I can only hope that one day I am as lucky as my father and marry a woman as amazing as her. Then my children will have a mother as loving and proud as mine! Without her guiding hand in my youth, I would not be the man I am today.

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2016 - 6:29am / Post ID: #

Diarmadhim the General
A Friend

Diarmadhim the General Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

Reflections on your father

My father was a great man and a peerless general. His men would follow him to the very gates of hell and through them if he asked it of them. Those that served under him have often said I remind them of him; from the way I carry myself, to how I interact and care for those under me. Sometimes I even hear toasts in his honor while I'm in the tavern.

While a laconic individual, he expressed his love through not only his deeds, but his eyes. My mother and I were his world and he ours. As a child I remember seeing his look of anger once, with his storm grey eyes that felt as if they could pierce one's very soul. More regular were his looks of pride in which he would slightly tear up and take me into a loving embrace. I lived for that look of approval. Even today, despite his passing, I can still picture it and base my actions on which look I would receive from him.

Post Date: 16th Jul, 2016 - 7:36am / Post ID: #

Diarmadhim the General
A Friend

General Diarmadhim

First time in the Town

The first time I visited the town it was rather barren. Finding work was all but impossible, except for at the tavern.

I bought some armor and a weapon, only to realize that I hadn't saved any money for shelter or sustenance! Luckily, I was allowed to work around the tavern for a meal and a place to stay on rainy nights. Since it was the summer, the nights were warm. This allowed me to save up extra money most nights to go toward the purchase of my own home. It's nothing special, but it's mine.

The town has grown quite a bit. I regularly see new faces and new structures. The need for bodyguards has grown, but I have only taken on job as such. I dislike being out of the picture for too long.

Post Date: 17th Jul, 2016 - 1:57pm / Post ID: #

Diarmadhim the General
A Friend

General Diarmadhim

Meeting the townsfolk

The townsfolk were typically friendly, although a few were even more laconic than I; to the point where they were almost rude. I can understand their distrust of new people, but one would assume after a couple of years they would warm up to you... The tavern keeper has always been extremely friendly though. Same with the town crier - it's nice hearing the latest news in one spot without having to search around to gather information.

I saw several individuals going into a nondescript building and when I inquired I found out it was the town brothel! The lady turned me away, most likely due to my young age at the time, and I haven't bothered to return since then. The desire to seek that unknown has passed and I have lost all curiosity about what I can learn there. Maybe one day I'll visit again, but not anytime soon.

My favorite townsfolk are those that can teach me new skills. I have always been one to seek balance, thus I spend equal parts of my time learning from those in the Body Guild as I do in the Studium Generale. I have also learned a bit from the librarian at the Town Library. Okay, a little bit is an understatement. The librarian regularly praises my knowledge of potential enemies. As the old saying goes, "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."

Post Date: 18th Jul, 2016 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

Diarmadhim the General
A Friend

Diarmadhim the General

Finding a job

After finding shelter and some food for myself, my next task was securing a job so that I could continue to not have to live on the streets. While my profession is that of a bodyguard, I did some job searching and gathered enough information to decide that it is a position I will not typically work in. The assignment to guard the town hall lasts four weeks and only pays 35 gold for that four weeks of work. In comparison, a Potter can make seven times that amount during that time frame. Even someone digging graves is able to make more than a bodyguard. In fact, the trapper makes the most money out of any other profession in this town.

Food for thought in the next life, I suppose. I wonder how it is these other professions make so much more than bodyguards, when bodyguard is the closest to soldiering the town has? How do any of those in the other professions expect to become the Ruler of Kings if they don't have a background in protecting others? The top priority of a ruler should be the protection of their people, because without their people, they have no kingdom.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Jul, 2016 - 3:51am / Post ID: #

Diarmadhim the General
A Friend

Diarmadhim General

Why Am I Diarmadhim?

Today I had a little girl ask me why I am good. What a simple, yet profound question! I have often been more astounded by the innocence from the mouths of children than I have from the long winded diatribes of an astute sage. I believe that you should conduct yourself and treat others how you want to be treated. That means you shouldn't do things that harm others fiscally or physically. If your actions fall outside of those realms, I really don't care. If I'm capable I do what I can to help others out, but I don't believe anyone should ever be forced to do so - since forcing them would be backed by the threat of fiscal or physical harm. This isn't to say that I'm not a man of action. I serve proudly. If someone can defend their self, others can be tasked with providing defense in their stead.

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2016 - 6:41am / Post ID: #

Diarmadhim the General
A Friend

Diarmadhim General Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post

I want to be a Ruler of Kings

I do not want to be a ruler of kings; I want to be THE ruler of kings. Too many times I have seen petty tyrants rise to the throne. No more! As the ruler of kings, I will ensure others are left alone.

You can do what you want as long as it injures no one physically or fiscally. If you want to smoke special herbs in your pipe, do so! As long as you are not affecting others with it. You do not want to sell an item to someone? That is the freedom of association - you can choose to refuse goods or services to anyone, for any reason as a private individual.

Securing the safety and liberty of the common man are the tantamount responsibilities for the ruler. They must strike a proper balance and ensure that they never sacrifice liberty for a false sense of security. The hardest task of any ruler is ensuring they hold themselves to their standard and remain accountable.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Diarmadhim the General

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,