Deep Fry Turkey

Deep Fry Turkey - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 17th Nov, 2007 - 3:15am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 14th Nov, 2007 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

Deep Fry Turkey

Deep Fry Turkey

Would you eat Deep Fried Turkey for Thanksgiving rather than putting it in the oven?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Nov, 2007 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

Deep Fry Turkey
A Friend

Turkey Fry Deep

Oh my goodness, deep friend turkey is fabulous! Its very bad for you, but tastes awesome! One of my friends back in Kansas City fries one every year. You have to do it outside in a huge turkey frier. You also have to beware because the grease can catch fire and really cause damage. You can't put oil fires out with water.

15th Nov, 2007 - 6:42pm / Post ID: #

Deep Fry Turkey Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I saw a guy frying a turkey in the Food Network channel. He had this big pot outside, and created like a three leg stand where he hanged the bird from the top, then slowly put it down into the pot and left it there until it was ready in a little over an hour. When the turkey came out, it was this rich, crispy, and brownish in color. A beauty!

16th Nov, 2007 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

Turkey Fry Deep

Deep fried turkey is delicious and not to mention FAST! What usually took hours to be cooked in a oven can now be done in about 30-45 minutes (depending on bird size). The fat content of fried turkey depends really on 2 things...cooking temperature and oil used. The key to frying a turkey and keeping the fat content low as well as making the meat less greasy is the frying temperature. You really need to keep the temperature above 350C during the entire frying process. If you go below 350C, the pressure inside the turkey is less than that outside the turkey and the oils come into the meat. Stay above 350 and this is dramatically minimized. For a 350g portion of fried turkey, you will have 12 grams of fat. For a 350g portion of roasted turkey, you can have 10 grams of fat (depends on home much butter you are using with your basting...it can easily bring it up to the 12 area if you are using a lot of butter). You can lower the amount of fat of your fried turkey by using canola oil instead of peanut oil or you can mix the 2 together and lower your fat content some. Peanut oil just gives the skin a better taste. The other way to cut your fat intake is just not to eat the skin...but that is pretty hard when it taste soo good!

https://www.eatturkey.com/consumer/cookinfo/fryturk.html

Rather off topic, but...
And for those that are really experimental in the kitchen, try a turducken during the holiday season.

https://www.thesalmons.org/lynn/turducken.html

16th Nov, 2007 - 7:15am / Post ID: #

Turkey Fry Deep

Vincenzo, I did not know you were expert in this area. I saw on a safety documentary that each year around Thanksgiving there are about eight major house fires due to people trying to Deep Fry a Turkey only to have an explosion instead, so be careful!

16th Nov, 2007 - 7:27am / Post ID: #

Deep Fry Turkey

I love to cook and have been frying turkey's now for a few years. The moistness of the meat cannot be beat. The closest I came to duplicating it in the oven was when I flipped the turkey upside down so the turkey breast remained in the basting juices all the time. However, I am sure that that turkey had more fat than frying as a result, but it was tastey. The one thing that just cannot be beat is the time requirement for turkey frying. For anyone that has cooked one in a oven, they know what I am talking about!

Yes, I always read about someone frying a turkey in their garage and catching it on fire because they left the turkey unattended for a bit and the oil caught fire.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Nov, 2007 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

Deep Fry Turkey
A Friend

Deep Fry Turkey

Why would anyone fry a turkey in their house or garage? Haven't they seen enough stories of people doing that and being severely burned or losing their house? Seems a little stupid to me.

17th Nov, 2007 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

Deep Fry Turkey Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

LDS_forever was telling me that the main problem with this is when they deep fry the turkey with too much excess water or in the worst case scenario: frozen. Water does not mix well with oil of course because you get snap crackle pop!

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Deep Fry Turkey

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,