Self-regulation

Self-regulation - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 30th May, 2017 - 7:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 30th May, 2017 - 12:30pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Self-regulation

How self-regulation can help young people overcome setbacks. Researchers have analyzed whether self-regulation would be a good predictor of resilience. This study shows that helping these young people to bounce back from adversities by acquiring self-regulation skills such as setting goals and adjusting their path after a misstep, equips them better to do well in school and in life. Source 1g.

Sponsored Links:
30th May, 2017 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

Self-regulation

It will be nice if they could tell some of us how to self-regulate because it seems to sound easier than it is. Just check some of them that look like they're on drugs they can't function with the smart side of the brain.

Post Date: 30th May, 2017 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

Self-regulation
A Friend

Self-regulation Health & Special Psychology

Okay, I'm going to sound just a little heartless here, but how the heck did my father's generation manage to self regulate through that little thing called the Great Depression. When they went to school if they messed up they were hit… in school. They managed. Then, still at a relatively young age they, they took a trip to either Europe or the Pacific to fight in WW 2. No special treatments for them. Come home, get a parade, get a clap on the back and a well done, and get to work building this nation and taking us to the moon.

I'm afraid we are raising a generation of people that won't be able to survive if something like that happened again. That worries me greatly. I'm not saying we shouldn't study this. I am saying that too much coddling is going to make future generations much less likely to survive the next great calamity that strikes.

> TOPIC: Self-regulation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,