Shooting Of Philando Castile - Page 3 of 4

This is a tragedy all the way around. The - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 26th Jun, 2017 - 6:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Best of  Shooting Philando Castile Trigger happy cops?
Shooting Of Philando Castile Related Information to Shooting Of Philando Castile
Post Date: 17th Jun, 2017 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #

Shooting Of Philando Castile
A Friend

Shooting Of Philando Castile - Page 3

True, and ultimately, that is one of the main reasons the officer was found not guilty. It was he said, she said and nine time out of ten the jury goes with the police on this… and rightly so. They have a terribly dangerous job.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Jun, 2017 - 6:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Castile Philando Shooting

Yes that is one of the reasons I got out of that job *smile* People just do not understand the quick decisions many that are under a lot of stress that police officers deal with on a daily basis. I am sure that as time goes on we will learn more of what actually happened in this case.

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2017 - 4:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Shooting Of Philando Castile History & Civil Business Politics

Well they released the dash cam video of the stop. It shows the shooting taking place. Yes he did tell the officer that he was armed. The officer said ok and told him to not to reach for it. You then see the suspect moving around and the officer tell him to stop reaching. The movement continues and the officer pulls his gun while telling him repeatedly to stop reaching for it. Then the shooting happened.

The fact that there was another officer on the sidewalk and the officer clearly told him to stop reaching for it tells me that the suspect did not follow the officers commands and put the officers life at risk. Seeing this video sheds more light on this case and I can see why he was found not guilty. People are already saying the officer murdered him for no cause. I think if he complied with what the officer was saying he would be alive today. Once you tell the officer you are armed you stop reaching for anything and listen to what the officer tells you. You do not keep moving around reaching for stuff as that will put your life and the officers life in danger.

21st Jun, 2017 - 4:14pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Castile Philando Shooting

You're correct about that Kntoran. He was told many times to stop moving. A lot of these cases the police get jumpy because the suspect is not staying still but moving in other words they are not following instructions.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 17 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.7%

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2017 - 4:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Castile Philando Shooting

Yup, he should have just stopped moving. I feel bad for the guy and his girlfriend, but if he would have listened he'd be alive today. And now I feel bad for the officer too, he's gone through a lot.

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2017 - 4:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The fact that there were two officers present. IF you watch the video the second officer is on the sidewalk checking out the other occupants of the vehicle. When the driver stopped complying with the officers demands you can see him backing up that is a clear sign that danger is present.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Jun, 2017 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Shooting Philando Castile - Page 3

Philando Castile's family settles suit with city for just under $3 million. The mother of Philando Castile agreed to a $2.995 million settlement, ending the family's lawsuit filed against the city of St. Anthony after Castile was fatally shot by a city police officer, lawyers in Minnesota announced Monday. The officer who killed Castile was found not guilty of manslaughter last week. Ref. USAToday.

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2017 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Shooting Philando Castile Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

This is a tragedy all the way around. The officer will probably never be able to forget what happened. The family gets some money which is a poor substitute for their son. And the son lost his life. He definitely should have simply followed the instructions.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Shooting Of Philando Castile

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,