Timmer Introduction - Page 3 of 3

Dear Support: I understand how the community - Page 3 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 25th Jul, 2016 - 3:36am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Closed
Post Date: 25th Jul, 2016 - 3:14am / Post ID: #

Timmer Introduction - Page 3

Timmer, regular members have 30 minutes to edit a post if you think something needs to be changed. Donating members get more time.

If you make a post in a thread then you have to wait 4 hours before you can post in the same thread again but if someone replies to your post then you do not have to wait the 4 hours and can reply right away. There is no time limit on replying to other threads in the mean time. This applies to both regular and donating members and reduces spam.

This community is not like other social outlets. We care about the content so that it remains relevant and free from spam, trolls and irrelevant stuff.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Jul, 2016 - 3:36am / Post ID: #

Timmer Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Timmer

Dear Support:

I understand how the community operates. I've been keeping that desire for quality, constructive content in mind as I explore.

I'm rather sensitive to the design and aesthetics both visually and functionally of many things include web page design and site functions. This comes from a long career in IT founded in many years in graphic arts and publishing.

That is married with some personal study of art and design as it relates to the crafts I pursue (Traditional blacksmith with some wood and leather work).

Here, in my own introduction thread, I feel comfortable posting my thoughts toward constructive criticism that I don't publish elsewhere.

You seem concerned and I do appreciate the advice, exploration and direction.

And I do see merit in the philosophy behind what I'm experiencing.

At the same time, so far, I'm not going to recommend this to less tech savvy friends. I'm balancing the philosophy behind the site with what is required to interact with the site. There are some very good writers and thoughtful people who will not be able to participate here: if it's requiring effort from someone with 30 years in IT to negotiate this place they are not going to find it easier.

This is a practical consideration.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Timmer Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,