Using Lego As Miniatures In RPGs

Using Lego Miniatures Rpgs - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 1st Sep, 2016 - 11:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard

Discuss  Using Lego As Miniatures
12th Aug, 2016 - 12:45am / Post ID: #

Using Lego As Miniatures In Role-playing Games

As you know we have a Miniatures section here dedicated to reviewing lead and plastic miniatures, however I recently came across a group of enthusiasts that use Lego pieces as miniatures for role-playing. Some of what they came up with is pretty good.

Using Lego for a Dungeons & Dragons tabletop game is not something brand new. The release of Heroica in 2011 gave Lego fans the basics adventurers to start.

Here are some considerations:

* What are the pros and cons of using Lego over the typical lead / plastic miniature?

* Do you think using Lego lessens or increases the 'serious' of a game?

* If you use the standard miniatures will you be willing to switch to Lego miniatures for role-playing?

Image from Flickr public domain.

Using Lego As Miniatures In RPGs (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Aug, 2016 - 3:31am / Post ID: #

RPGs Miniatures Lego Using

Name: Kranchan

Title: Legos

Comments: I use Legos in my Dungeons & Dragons sessions. It helps a lot. Being able to customize basically everything to the situation is great. The only real downside is that when things get complex it can take longer.

15th Aug, 2016 - 10:23am / Post ID: #

Using Lego As Miniatures In RPGs Reviews RPG & Card Board

Altough I have not used Lego figures for Role-playing Game, I find them very easy to customize and update during the adventure process, plus they are easy to come by. On the other hand, I prefer using 25mm figures but that can be troublesome for someone that is not so good at building them or converting them.

Lego blocks also can be used in myriad ways to make modular terrain and easy to store, whereas 25mm scale terrain is time consuming to build and takes a lot of space as it cannot be broken down.

15th Aug, 2016 - 12:08pm / Post ID: #

I don't know, while the practicality of interchanging armor or weapons is a plus in the end I would not be able to get over the typical Logo look and the general casual comedic theme that's usually associated with it. I prefer lead and would even rather plastic, paper cutouts or a simple pawn piece over Lego. Sorry Lego fans.

15th Aug, 2016 - 6:26pm / Post ID: #

If you have a very large lego set you can build up monsters on the fly. Could be good for building up rooms and corridors too and might make a good part of the game as well, at least for the Dungeon Master.

1st Sep, 2016 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

Never thought about using it this way but I can use anything because the look of my character is in my head and the piece will be more for positioning as far as I can tell.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Using Lego As Miniatures In RPGs

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,