Asbestos Law Suits

Asbestos Law Suits - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 20th Aug, 2016 - 2:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Making millions as a victim...
Post Date: 19th Oct, 2006 - 7:09pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Asbestos Law Suits

ASBESTOS WIN MAY COST ACC MILLIONS

A landmark court ruling confirming asbestos victims and their families should receive $100,000 payouts has opened the floodgates for more claims worth hundreds of millions.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~3833990a10~,00.html

Sponsored Links:
15th Nov, 2006 - 7:09pm / Post ID: #

Suits Law Asbestos

I don't feel that $100,000 is at all excessive to receive incompensation for having contracted Asbestosis. The reality is that if you have Asbestosis, more than likely the life span is very short, and although in a lot of cases, the money doesn't come through quick enough for the victim, it would certainly help the spouses and children who are left behind to carry on financially, who would without this much needed money certainly struggle to make ends meet.

As Asbestosis on the large has been contracted through the work place, I feel that it's only fair that somebody owns up and pays out some decent compensation, for these people who were only trying to earn an honest living.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

15th Nov, 2006 - 7:17pm / Post ID: #

Asbestos Law Suits History & Civil Business Politics

I know some cases where victims were paid at least 1 million dollars for asbestos law suits and lots of lawyers are willing to represent the victim without upfront money because they know all the money they can get if they win.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2009 - 3:27pm / Post ID: #

Suits Law Asbestos

A Town Suffering for Generations: Decades of Asbestos Exposure by W.R. Grace Mine Leave Hundreds Dead, 1,200+ Sickened in Libby

We broadcast from Missoula, Montana, where an environmental crimes trial is underway in what the government has called "the nation's biggest environmental disaster." Hundreds of miners, their family members and townsfolk have died, and at least 1,200 have been sickened, from exposure to asbestos-containing ore from a mine in Libby, Montana, owned by W.R. Grace and Company. We speak with Gayla Benefield, one of the first residents in Libby to raise awareness about the story and gain it national attention. Both her parents died from asbestosis. She and her husband both have the disease, and thirty members of her extended family have been affected. Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 29th Sep, 2013 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Suits Law Asbestos

Asbestos inertia increases danger

New Zealand Most demolitions and home repairs in Canterbury may be completed before the Crown gets around to tightening asbestos regulations. Ref. Source 8

Post Date: 20th Aug, 2016 - 2:44pm / Post ID: #

Asbestos Law Suits

New study challenges assumption of asbestos' ability to move in soil

A new study challenges the long-held belief that asbestos fibers cannot move through soil. The findings have important implications for current remediation strategies aimed at capping asbestos-laden soils to prevent human exposure of the cancer-causing material. Ref. Source 9h.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Asbestos Law Suits

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,