Video: ROK II Text RPG Explanation 2

Video Rok Ii Text Rpg Explanation 2 - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 23rd Nov, 2019 - 6:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Video Available ROK II Video
5th Oct, 2016 - 1:15pm / Post ID: #

Video: ROK II Text RPG Explanation 2

ROK II Collaborative Writing & Storytelling

In this video an explanation is given about how storytelling and creative writing blend in Ruler of Kings II Text based Role-playing Game:

I've written out what he says for the hearing impaired or those who would rather read:

international QUOTE
Hey there. You've probably seen my other videos about RulerOfKings.com. Well, in this video I'm going to talk about how creative storytelling is done through descriptive writing in Ruler Of Kings. In the beginning, you go through the process of creating a character. This character represents a fictitious person that lives in a medieval fantasy town. Your character has an aura… that means you can choose for your character to follow the route of law abiding, good and charitable, ambiguous, a little on the bad side or down right evil!

You see its your choice as to how your character adjusts to life. You come up with the details of how your character looks, the kind of choices he or she makes and so forth. RulerOfKing.com then generates a character sheet based on that so you can follow your character's progression and adjust your storyline to suit. In the opening story, your character will be starting out as a teenager heading towards adulthood.

There are predefined personalities that your character encounters. These personalities are the townsfolk and they provide goods or services that your character may need. For instance, you might want to have your character specialize with sword training. While you can do that you can also detail what happened in the training. Was it a good day, were your instructors a bit harsh?

Just about anything in Ruler of Kings can be described by you. Now, don't think you have to write an essay to make a move in Ruler of Kings… its not like that. Ruler of Kings allows you to also play while enjoying what others have written. In other words, you can leave the details to those that like to write in the details. See you there!

Sponsored Links:
6th Oct, 2016 - 2:08pm / Post ID: #

Explanation RPG Text II ROK Video

I like the explanation of this video. One thing I have noticed about ROK II is the writing is what slows down the pace. I mean that in a good way. For instance, if you finished exploring and your character is sleeping then you can now write up some good in character stuff. Once that's done your character should be all rested and its time to continue. If you're there just for the combat and not interested in the writing then the breaks in between can be frustrating. I assume that will change when more of it is developed and there are other things to do when your character sleeps.

4th Nov, 2019 - 8:36pm / Post ID: #

Video: ROK II Text RPG Explanation 2 Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

Great video, simple and clear. I just have a question. Does writing in details somehow affect your game experience? For example: giving the player advantages or disadvantages.

4th Nov, 2019 - 8:45pm / Post ID: #

Yes, your writing affects the rewards you get and sometimes the outcome. Therefore, one should not make the writing of their journal (Which includes other entries one can make in ROK II) a trivial thing.

23rd Nov, 2019 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

Storytelling, writing creatively and journaling are such powerful tools to also expand horizons in real life.

> TOPIC: Video: ROK II Text RPG Explanation 2

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,